How much Protein ?

Options
Sorry, this has probably been asked before .... but

I understand My Fitness pal has put me at 1200 CALORIES per day but where does it tell you how much PROTEIN that you need everyday? I can click on "report" and see how much I've had ... but that doesn't do me any good if I don't know what I am reaching for.

Also how about numbers for CARBS and FATS as well, so that I know I am keeping the meals balanced.

Thanks a bunch !

Replies

• wannaBme
    wannaBme Posts: 143
    Options

I understand My Fitness pal has put me at 1200 CALORIES per day but where does it tell you how much PROTEIN that you need everyday? I can click on "report" and see how much I've had ... but that doesn't do me any good if I don't know what I am reaching for.

Also how about numbers for CARBS and FATS as well, so that I know I am keeping the meals balanced.

Thanks a bunch !
  • wannaBme
    Options
    PS ... oh ya ... and where is the site the you can enter in ingredients for a recipe to get the calorie counts?
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    you can change your settings and add the things you want to see... like i added protein and fiber onto mine.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

Thanks a bunch !

your food log totals those things on the bottom. then you can add other things like sugar and fiber, etc.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

Thanks a bunch !

I went to the USDA site awhile back, and got this info:
    Sodium- less than 2400 grams
    Fat- 65 grams
    Cholesterol- 300 grams
    Carbs- 300 grams
    Fiber- 25 grams
    Protein- 50 grams

There are 2 sites I know of for entering foods for recipes:
    http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php
    http://www.nutritiondata.com/
  • MattySparky
    Options
    that's what I love about this site... it's all in the food log!! So convenient.
  • wannaBme
    Options
    Thanks Everyone,
    I see what I was missing on the Food page.
  • pinkpixies
    Options
    My nutritionist wants me to get 120 g of protein a day...180 carbs...