Any words of encouragement

Options
I heard about this website from a friend and then read about it in a diabetic magazine, so I thought I would give it a try. I have been a member for two full days now and it is really easy to record in my diary on my phone! Love that. I have been battling excess weight for over 20 years and now with 60+ lbs to loose I really need to make the changes necessary to get me to my goal. I really am looking forward to my new community and words of encouragement.:happy:

Replies

• changedbutterfly
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this! Feel free to add me as friends.
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP feel free to add me I log in everyday.
  • Cyd46
    Cyd46 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! GREAT SITE!! Add me if you like!! We all need support!! : )
  • JaseyMakesHerMove
    Options
    Of course, everyone here is very kind. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'd love some encouragement too. Welcome. :)
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    :heart: Dont give up. It has taken me almost 2 years to lose about 60 pounds. A long time? Yes,but I did it. Do not give up! You did not get like this fast-You can not lose it fast.
  • pebbles72
    pebbles72 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey :happy:
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    welcome
    my advice would be to log in everyday, log your food and exercise everyday, dont forget to drink water and stick with it. Also something that helped me was to break it down into 10 lb goals, 100+ lbs seemed too overwhelming so I just take it 10lbs at a time and for every 10 lbs i buy myself a new pair of earrings...I hope this helps
  • Evelyn405
    Evelyn405 Posts: 2
    Options
    you made the first step .. you Go Girl :happy:
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I had 120 pounds to lose and am also diabetic. This site along with my exercise schedule I have lost 40 pounds since April 4, 2011 with 80 to go.

My endocrinologist has taken me completely off two insulins (humalog and lantus) and I am down to a minimal dose on the third. My sugars are startingt o drp low again and soon I will be off of glimiperide- the ultimate goal is completely off insulin and down to a single pill.

Also my A1Cs dropped from a 12.5 to 7.0 in 3 months.

But yes - log in every day and dont cheat on the logging! Even if its bad it is a history you can use!