Breakfast ideas wanted!!

Options
scarletteloise
scarletteloise Posts: 2 Member
edited July 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I don't like fruit very much at all and I don't really like egg without toast. I don't mind scrambled eggs with beans ?? But I need more ideas!!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    What do you like to have for lunch and dinner? You can have those things for breakfast as well. You don't have to choose "breakfast foods."

But if you want traditional breakfast foods, lots of people like oatmeal. Or if you only like eggs with toast, then have some eggs and toast.
  • kittens2cute
    kittens2cute Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Why can't you have toast with your eggs? Make it whole grain bread and it can actually HELP you!! I do that almost every morning and it's wonderful! Otherwise I like whole grain toast with peanut butter.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Why can't you have toast with your eggs?
    That is what I was going to ask? Are you allergic to wheat? If not, nothing wrong with bread, just make it 100% whole grain so it will be high in fiber and more filling. Also, don't think you have to eat 'breakfast' foods for breakfast, eat whatever you want. I tend to eat egg sandwiches and peanut butter toast a lot but sometimes I just eat leftovers or whatever I can throw together. Greek yogurt, nuts, string cheese, luna bars, hard boiled eggs are common simple food for me to grab to bring to work. I like to make egg casseroles and oatmeal bakes to have quick warmups too.
  • iwanagap
    iwanagap Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My favorite is an omelet with onions, garlic, mushrooms, spinach, and bacon. I know it's bad, but sometimes I add cheese.

Have you ever thought about juicing vegetables? If I'm in a hurry I'll grab a V8 in the morning.

I also agree with one of the posters above. Sometimes I'll eat leftovers from the previous night in the mornings.
  • msmimi
    msmimi Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Sorry picture is so large.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    msmimi wrote: »
    Sorry picture is so large.

Made my mouth water though :)
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Maybe oatmeal? There's a bunch of different stuff you can add to it, not just fruit. It's really filling too. Or you could have cereal and almond milk, one serving of each makes a bowl of cereal only 130/140 calories (even if you use cereal that isn't necessarily "healthy") :smile:
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I usually pair scrambled eggs with either a few slices of avocado or a few pieces of some breakfast meat. This much protein will push me through lunch so I really don't get that hungry until dinner time. You could also do yogurt. I don't like the texture of regular yogurt but I will eat the "whips".
  • planetfatty
    planetfatty Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I like overnight oats with chia seeds. I usually do 30g oats + 15g chia seeds + 150ml milk of some sort. I flavour it with different things like cinnamon, vanilla, a tablespoon of Choc Shot, peanut butter, mashed banana, etc.
  • tansunny
    tansunny Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like to make omelettes in silicone muffin tins. I usually do half eggs/half egg whites, lowfat cheese, some sort of vegetable. You can add sausage, ham, turkey, etc for some extra protein. Ellie Krieger has a recipe for western omelette muffins in her You Have It Made cookbook.

These are similar
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/loaded-baked-omelet-muffins/

You can customize with whatever you want. I like to use silicone tins to get them out. I never had much luck with the metal tins.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Sandwich, wrap, yogurt, porridge, noodles, soup, cereal, hot cocoa.
  • sweetpea813
    sweetpea813 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I sautée spinach and onions in a little coconut oil and then scramble a couple of eggs. I dump it on a plate and put some tomato-basil feta cheese on top. Sooooo good!
  • helen_demun
    helen_demun Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    All time fav breakfast- One piece of Ezekiel Bread (no sugar and ONLY grains!) with 1/4-1/3 of an avacado, smashed. Then an omelet with one whole egg, and three large egg whites. Bomb!
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs, ground pork sausage, peppers, onions and a bit of cheddar wrapped in a flour tortilla shell. These are easy to freeze and reheat in a microwave for a quick breakfast in the morning. I would also recommend a mix of cottage cheese, flavored greek yogurt and lemon juice, but you don't like fruit so probably won't enjoy most flavored greek yogurts.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    tansunny wrote: »
    I like to make omelettes in silicone muffin tins. I usually do half eggs/half egg whites, lowfat cheese, some sort of vegetable. You can add sausage, ham, turkey, etc for some extra protein. Ellie Krieger has a recipe for western omelette muffins in her You Have It Made cookbook.

These are similar

You can customize with whatever you want. I like to use silicone tins to get them out. I never had much luck with the metal tins.

Whoever invented those silicone muffin cups had a damned stroke of genius. I'll never bother with an actual muffin pan again. I don't even lightly oil the cups, and have yet to find anything that even tries to stick to them. Used them for the following so far:
    http://www.ruled.me/hunger-buster-low-carb-bacon-frittata/
    http://www.ruled.me/bacon-avocado-muffins/
  • LisaBrown23
    LisaBrown23 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    hi if you join weight watchers it tells you what to eat, theres a smart point allowance and fit points, its great
    i lost 3lbs last week
  • michwendt3
    michwendt3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I eat 1/2 cup oatmeal with 1/2 tablespoon of honey most days. Very filling and delicious!
  • EttaMaeMartin
    EttaMaeMartin Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    great ideas, thanks helped me!
  • jmidd97
    jmidd97 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    tansunny wrote: »

These are similar

Yep, I completely second this; my general formula is meat (chicken, bacon, sausage) + beaten eggs + veges + cheese (maybe optional, but adds awesome flavour).
    As tansunny said, very customisable and good for on-the-go too.