Frustrated!

Options
Is anyone else not seeing any progress? I am 25-30lbs away from my goal weight and it seems I am stuck! I count my calorie intake, I workout 4-5x's a week and nothing! And I've been doing mfp for a month now and haven't lost no weight or inches

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    first question is are you using a food scale to weigh your food?

If not then chances are you eating more than you think.
  • Reraisin_Fool
    Reraisin_Fool Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add a shake here and there. Slim Fast, or Special K shakes. Also, I find if I add a yogurt here and there it helps. Are you eating too little? Stay away from carbs! on the bright side, looking at your pic, you look great! :) Good Luck!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Add a shake here and there. Slim Fast, or Special K shakes. Also, I find if I add a yogurt here and there it helps. Are you eating too little? Stay away from carbs! on the bright side, looking at your pic, you look great! :) Good Luck!

Pretty much none of this. There is nothing magical in shakes that causes weight loss. Carbs dont hinder weight loss - it's calories that matter. If you want carbs and you don't have a medical reason to avoid them, eat them. Also, if OP isnt losing weight, it isnt because she isn't eating enough. That's not how it works.

I agree with Stef...my first step would be to get a food scale. Also, how diligent are you with logging? Are you comparing your nutrition labels with the database to make sure they match? Logging errors are another very common reason people have trouble losing weight as it throws their calories way off. The database is updated by MFP users and it notoriously wrong. That includes scanning barcodes and green checkmarked "verified" entries. You definitely want to recheck everything.
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    first question is are you using a food scale to weigh your food?

If not then chances are you eating more than you think.

That is always a frustrating spot to be in but I also recommend a scale, I was way off my measuring with cups/spoons/eyeballs
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

lol - adding a shake or yogurt does NOT magically cause weight loss...one of the strangest recommendations I've ever read!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    It generally takes longer than a month when you don't have a lot of weight to lose to see any results. Be patient. Follow the advice Steph & dragon gave.

When I was 20 lbs from my goal weight I would be lucky to see 1 lb in 2-3 months loss. This is normal. You should be aiming for no more than 1/2lb per week loss. To give you some perspective, losing weight when I am that close to my goal is literally the difference between 1 extra bowl of cereal + milk per week.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options

what?
  • Beautiful_Warrior94
    Beautiful_Warrior94 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Cut back on process foods. Add in more fiber, whole foods and lean proteins.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Cut back on process foods. Add in more fiber, whole foods and lean proteins.

and how is that going to help her lose weight?
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Make sure you've read the second pinned post at the top of the discussion page. There is a lot of good advice there.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    So much bad information in this thread. Being 25 to 30 pounds away from her goal weight does not mean she'll only see weight loss once a month. I went from 139 to 108 pounds and from 139 to 121, I saw consistent losses week to week especially since I used a food scale. Also, cutting out processed foods, adding yogurt, etc. isn't going to do a thing.

Medical issues aside, I'm willing to bet the issue comes down to improper logging due to not using a food scale and/or bad entries and/or eating back overestimated exercise calories. There is no other answer here. Period.