Calling those who work in hospitality!!!!

Options
Everyone who works in hospitality or around food will understand the struggle of having food around all the time!!
Tell me your best willpower tips for when at work

Replies

• 1nprgr3s
    1nprgr3s Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I use to work in hospitality and being around food all the time made me nauseous and made me eat less, I couldn't stand the smell of it (I was thin back then). Maybe I should go back to working in hospitality.
  • Cat0703
    Cat0703 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    For me when I am around the banquet food that is left over I picture someone has sneezed all over it or touched it after not washing hands after using the bathroom. Works for me quite well.
  • Megansmith112712
    Megansmith112712 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I was a cook in a nursing home. My best advice is to plan ahead and being your own meals or snacks.
  • shandy4487
    shandy4487 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I work in the deli area of a grocery store, so I am around lots of fried chicken, potato salad etc. I try to bring a snack with me to work, usually a piece of fruit or a protein bar. That way I can munch on that instead of all the fried options. But the chicken tenders call to me sometimes, lol! Working around food is definitely a struggle!
  • Thowe92
    Thowe92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Just remember these things:

- Is it unsanitary to eat food in the back of the house? Yes.

- Germs can easily spread so don't expect it to be clean all the time. No point in getting sick and getting stuck with a food-borne illness or food poisoning. Some of them can be permanent.

- Can it get you fired? You bet!

- You're eating the product; thus making the restaurant lose a little bit of money from time to time.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Eat the healthy things? Any broccoli? Carrots? Celery?