Food ideas

Options
slf_95
slf_95 Posts: 5 Member
Im looking for lunch ideas, I work in retail do often get the urge to go to the fast food shops for lunch. I normally go for pitta breads, salads, chicken or turkey. I don't like peppers, spicy food, soups or sauces and I don't eat food such as peanut butter, advocado etc.

I really struggle to make exciting lunches quickly which are going to fill me for the day.

Any help would be fab!

Replies

• NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Chicken salad wrap
    Egg salad sandwhich
    Turkey and cheese wrap
    Veggies w hummus n string cheese
  • SaliDale
    SaliDale Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I always take leftovers and eat them cold. It tastes the same just not hot.
  • lilligraz22
    lilligraz22 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I do the leftover thong a lot as well. At dinner just make double and bring the other half to work. That way you control what's in your food, and not the fast food shops.
  • lilligraz22
    lilligraz22 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    *thing
  • Ruth2944
    Ruth2944 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Generally I do the left over thing as well while I'm cleaning up the dishes I see what I can make out of what I've got.

Salmon, Beetroot & Cous Cous Salad + Green leafy salad - use cold salmon steak, pickled beetroot

Slice of Frittata (like an omelette) I usually make a big one with about 4 eggs and lots of vegies e.g. Spinach, Tomato, Low Fat Feta, Some lean bacon, or Salmon & Brocoli etc. and take a quarter of it for lunch or breakfast. For lunch add some green salad to fill it out.

Turkey Salad - stir fry some turkey breast with some seasoning e.g Cajun Spice or Sweet Chilli & Soy, serve with a green leafy salad with tomatoes spring onions whatever you fancy.

Ratatouille - With Augergines, Tomatoes, and Courgette in season usually make a decent batch of this to last a few days add onions and garlic and seasoning, either cook on the hob or do as roasted veg and serve with some lean chicken or turkey. Also used this as a topping on 'fake' pizza i.e. a tortilla.