What do you consider "a bad day"? Am I being too easy on myself?

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Going way over my calorie goal and/or not counting at all. That being said, it happens. Just eat alittle less the next couple days or just start counting and hitting your goal again. The idea is to know you will have bad days and roll past them.
  • daniellek30
    daniellek30 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    A bad day was yesterday when I decided that I NEEDED the quarter pounder meal at McDonalds with a Sprite. :neutral:
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    To me a bad day is one that happens more than once in a row, and is more than 500 over...and it'll really only bother me if I can't get a little workout or cardio in at some point.
  • vczK2t
    vczK2t Posts: 309 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    a bad day for me is when i drink more than 1 glass of wine or 1 beer a night. regarding the all you can eat meat, in Cincinnati OH is a place called Boi Na Braza. never been, but apparently they bring the meat to your table. you use a paddle, one side red the other side green, to indicate if you want more meat or not that time around.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    3000 calories or more... which is 800 over my maintenance calories, but I can still easily make up for in 2 days.

You're probably still way under your maintenance calories...
  • trusty48
    trusty48 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    A bad day is the day you don't log. As long as you are trying to keep track of what you put in your mouth, that's a success.

Just don't be the person who goes over, is too ashamed to log it but decides that they will start over with a new diet the next day. Then they wait a month, start over for a week and repeat the process again.

• CalorieCountChocula
    CalorieCountChocula Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Trish1c wrote: »
    Anything that doesn't meet Ice Cube's criteria for a good day is what I consider a bad day.
    What does that mean?

"It Was a Good Day" is a song from 1992 by rapper Ice Cube. On said day, there was no barking from the dog, no smog...he didn't have to pull out his gat, etc.

Totally LOL right now.

Momma cooked a breakfast with no hog... Also glad at least one person got it so I don't feel THAT old. Yeesh!
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    All you can eat grilled meat? Must find this place and eat it out of business...

Search Rodizio near you. If you know of any Portuguese or Brazilian neighborhoods, they may be your best bets. They have lots of these places. Trick is don't eat the bread or the sides because the meat is simply too tasty.

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    A bad day is when I've been undereating a few days in a row and start missing lifts I should have in my sleep.
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Anything that doesn't meet Ice Cube's criteria for a good day is what I consider a bad day.
    What does that mean?

"It Was a Good Day" is a song from 1992 by rapper Ice Cube. On said day, there was no barking from the dog, no smog...he didn't have to pull out his gat, etc.

Totally LOL right now.

Momma cooked a breakfast with no hog... Also glad at least one person got it so I don't feel THAT old. Yeesh!

One of my favorite songs - still hear it pretty often on the throwback rap station.

On topic - had a bad day the other day - frustrated with work/traffic/kids - got out the bag of chips and the Costco-sized jar of salsa and just ate. I estimated it later at 1000+ calories. Yikes. Still on track otherwise for 1lb a week. Just move on.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    All you can eat grilled meat? Must find this place and eat it out of business...

Search Rodizio near you. If you know of any Portuguese or Brazilian neighborhoods, they may be your best bets. They have lots of these places. Trick is don't eat the bread or the sides because the meat is simply too tasty.

Fogo de Chao and Texas de Brazil are a couple of big churrascaria chains.

The meat is wonderful, but I love all of it. The salad bar is SO GOOD. And the pao de queijo. When I go to one of those places I just log 4000 calories and run longer the rest of the week.
  • _sacar
    _sacar Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    If I eat over maintenance, I get a little upset with myself. But I try not to be too down about it because then it could effect the days afterward.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I'd consider this a good day. Eating at maintenance for a day isn't going to derail you. :)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing feat! A bad day for me in anything over maintenance. Rare, but it happens. I try to plan ahead and make room in my weekly calorie deficit when possible. Like anniversary dinner tomorrow.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    A bad day to me would be eating over maintenance or well under 1200 calories, eating zero vegetables or fruits, not eating enough protein, not even attempting to log everything, eating extremely high sodium.
    300 calories over is not a bad day to me. If you go over a bit like that every day you will probably slow down your rate of loss. One day won't affect much.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

This.
  • Amym26
    Amym26 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I think you are being too hard on yourself, personally. I would assume your plan is to change your eating habits forever. One meal, in that grand scheme of that, is hardly anything.
  • Zipp237
    Zipp237 Posts: 255 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I had 2600 calories one day. That was a bad day. Bad food, bad calories, so much badness. Not the end of the world, though.
  • Ricksh1000
    Ricksh1000 Posts: 88 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I had a planned 'bad day' yesterday.

3861 calories consumed. 3046 of those calories was chocolate and cake! 1300 calories over my maintenance weight.

Do i feel bad today? Yes! Will i do this in a few weeks time? Probably! :)

This is my treat day where i just don't care. I 've been doing this every couple of weeks throughout my weight loss and i'm still losing weight gradually with my calorie deficit.

Not saying everyone should do this, but it works for me and i'm happy!

Just do what works for you ;)