Embarrassing water park question

On Saturday my boyfriend and I are going to Schlitterbahn and I'm concerned about the water slides! Right now I weigh 230 and I'm worried maybe I'll be too heavy to be able to slide or what if I get stuck or something? Anyone know the weight requirements? I couldn't find much online. I'm just worried about getting embarrassed and having To do the walk of shame.

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Usually they post the weight requirements on the website. You can always call and ask.
  • fwitsend1277
    fwitsend1277 Posts: 288 Member
    I don't know about that park but from what I can find maximum weight seems to be 300lb or 400lb depending on the type of water slide
  • KeepingUpWithKari
    KeepingUpWithKari Posts: 287 Member
    This is why I'm not going to Cedar Pointe cause I'm not gonna embarrass myself.

Cause I'll cry... Lol
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Most of the signs I see at my local water park state weight limit 250. However, yours may be different.
  • The_Ugly_One
    The_Ugly_One Posts: 23 Member
    I am 6' tall and right around 300lbs, and I've never had problems on water slides. You'll be fine.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    I went to Wisconsin Dells with someone who weighs about that and she had no problems. Also my husband's friend of about 350+ lb goes too. I don't think you'll need to worry. The only slide that might have a weight suggestion would be the ones that put you in the ejection capsule and shoot you around a loop. But that can mess up any time. I didn't make it over the loop even at 140 lb (even though they said the range was a minimum of 120 or something).
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    I wouldn't worry at all about your weight. I'm basing this on the weights of people I know who have gone to water parks. As far as getting stuck, those slides are usually wide enough that you can wiggle back and forth. I don't think that getting stuck should be a worry. If you get there and are really nervous about it, though, the wave pool and/or lazy river (I think all waterparks have those) are good options.

Most of all, have fun!
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    My dad is 6'1" and always weighed +220lb and never had a problem. I can't imagine a slide handling less than 250lb and as noted many will go to 300lb or even 400lb.

If you are concerned either look online or call and ask for their height/weight restrictions.
  • LaurenRitter205
    LaurenRitter205 Posts: 24 Member
    I finally called them and they said the weight limit is 250 per person but since I'm at 230 I'm afraid ill still go down to slow or just get stuck lol I'm not sure what to wear either!

Thank y'all for the comments they did help ease my mind a little
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    You won't get stuck.

Don't be shocked if on multiple person rides (tube rides) you (as a group) have to step on a scale. They actually do it to make a minimum weight rather than a maximum.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Pick a small slide fist and go down. I think you will find that they very slick and there is no way you will slow down or get stuck.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    I've been to schlitterbahn many many times and i've seen plenty of people who look much bigger than 230 on the slides.

My recommendation though would be to go to the new parks (2) instead of the old one, as the old one is where you might run into issues.

Other things like the master blaster, trust me, you won't have any issues.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    edited July 2016
    I finally called them and they said the weight limit is 250 per person but since I'm at 230 I'm afraid ill still go down to slow or just get stuck lol I'm not sure what to wear either!

Thank y'all for the comments they did help ease my mind a little
    Wear a nice swimsuit and have fun. Fun does not have a weight limit. You are not going to have a nice time if you are worried. Stay home and save your money.

• deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    You'll be fine. My husband weighs more than you and has never had problems at a water park.
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    I've been to Schlitterbahn many times at 230-250, and never had the slightest bit of trouble. Have fun!