New.....but Not new :)

Options
hello.....I'm back.....and have decided that I am going to try this again. Change my life. I've tried a few times......with this....twice (so this will be my third try with MFP) Third times a charm right....LOL. I have also tried weight loss pills. Phentermine.....I liked it.....but then I don't. Because reality is I KNOW its not good for me (or my heart) So I'm just going to try the old fashion way.....no pills.....no shakes.....not quick weight loss programs.......Just Eat healthier. (gotta learn a healthier way) and move my body more......I have a lot to lose. I currently weigh somewhere in the 270's...... Not sure where my goal is as far as a weight? I am 5'2 and just turned 40. I'm fairly healthy as far as my heart, and blood pressure are.....now my hormones are all over the place so yes....I do have to take thyroid medicine and Metformin for my PCOS. But I'm told by my doctor that I can get off of the metformin if I lose this weight.....so....that's a goal.
But in the end.....I'm not sure I really want to say......"I want to weigh 130lbs"......no......I just want to be at a healthy weight so that I am able to move my body in a more comfortable way......and I don't have to struggle in finding clothes that fit.....or putting my shoes on.....you know....simple things that skinny people can do with no problem.......
My other goal is to find other ladies out there like me......(no offence to the men.....just men seem to lose differently than women....Not opposed to being your friend though :) ) Ladies who just want to live better. Feel better and look better (yes.....I'm a little vain and kinda want to look hot for my husband ;) ) Anyways.......Looking for some friends......some people out there that will actually talk to me....get to know me....let me get to know you.....and some people out there that will just give me a thumbs up when I do something great. Or encourage me when I fail.......and then let me do the same for you.....

Replies

• lisabennani
    lisabennani Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome back and nice to meet you. Same here last time I used this app was 11 months ago. So here I am lol giving it a try again. I have a wedding to go to on Labor Day and I want to have 2nd baby end of year. Just want to lose 20 lbs before I get pregnant again . I'm 5'2 and have a short torso so carrying a baby is hard on my first one. We got this! We can courage each other
  • Ash_Liz
    Ash_Liz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat you are. PCOD and low thyroid. Today is my first time on this board and it's kinda making me angry that some just cannot fathom how hard weight loss is.

I take synthroid (t4), lithothiorine (t3), and metaphormine. I've been taking phentermine for a while. It's supposed to suppress appetite but I don't notice much. Also, I have blood work done every 6 months to monitor other hormone and mineral levels- some of mine were quite pathetic. So I started taking a compound vitamin specific to my needs (it's also a thyroid blend).

No matter what I do or how hard I work, nothing seems to be the answer. If you find anything please let me know
  • kwalker5276
    kwalker5276 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi.....thank yall both for responding......i take sythoid too.......now i do like the way phentermine makes me full of energy (like i'm hyped up on coke...haha) but I worry about my heart. So I don't take it anymore. Also....just on my research.....the more you eat (healthy foods) the better off you are.....basically....eat like your a diabetic.....from experience while I was pregnant with my second child i became gestational diabetic and I ate very well and I ate ALOT......and ended up losing about five lbs during the third trimester......so I do think there something to the eating a lot......just.have to be.smaller portions and better choices.....anyways....I will send both you ladies a friend request.....thanks again
  • Trailtramper74
    Trailtramper74 Posts: 135 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Welcome back. I just turned 42 and started here a little over a month ago and wanted to get my tracking down before reaching out to people. I am 5'1 1/2 and currently weigh 246. I started at 263, but I was even heavier, around 280 last year. I am actually doing Phentermine again because I work long hours and it replaces Coke, well to some degree. I eat less for sure, but I still crave sugary drinks with caffeine. As you said, Phentermine does provide energy. However, I am only taking a half pill per day. I am getting vitamin shots because that helps me exercise more. I am taking my weight loss slow this time. When I lost quickly in the past whether with pills or o'natural, I gained it back too quickly. I truly appreciate that some people on mfp want to get to know each other and really be supportive. I was on SparkPeople on and off for a couple of years, but people weren't as friendly. Hope to get to know you better. What kind of exercise are you planning to do?
  • shannonpi314
    shannonpi314 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I also seem to have the same goals. I don't want to be rail thin, just healthy! I have been using MyFitnesspal for a little while now and have lost about 11 lbs. I really need more friends to encourage me and I will be there to encourage you too! I have many health problems and my doc said that losing weight and keeping my blood sugar levels under control will be the key to longevity of my life. So it would be great if you want to be friends! I don't know how to request people though?

Shannon
  • kwalker5276
    Options
    Thank you ladies.....I sent yall all friend requests
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm back again as well. I was very successful in 2014 and 2015 losing and maintaining weight by counting calories with this site, but since I stopped logging, I gained almost all of it back.
    I'm really agitated with myself because I said I'd never let that happen. So here I am...again.
    My first goal is to lose 4 lbs by 8/11. I need to eat around 1400 a day and move around more. I don't have an exact fitness plan in place yet.
    Good luck to all of you!
  • Trailtramper74
    Trailtramper74 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have done the same thing with logging. I think we have to commit to logging for life. The act alone keeps us accountable even if we never review the data. Of course, reviewing the data can be helpful too. :)
  • kwalker5276
    Options
    Yes...,I think the logging helps. But it's funny sometimes because I go to get a snack and I make my decision on how.ut will effect my logging on here. Lol. Silly......but it works. Thank yall
  • Sammynd
    Sammynd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Same here, more positive this time
  • sharondjs
    sharondjs Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I also seem to have the same goals. I don't want to be rail thin, just healthy! I have been using MyFitnesspal for a little while now and have lost about 11 lbs. I really need more friends to encourage me and I will be there to encourage you too! I have many health problems and my doc said that losing weight and keeping my blood sugar levels under control will be the key to longevity of my life. So it would be great if you want to be friends! I don't know how to request people though?

Shannon

Hi Shannon
    To add friends
    click on their name in Blue under their pic, click on their name again - a box appears with add as friend and or leave a message easy done :smiley: