Hydroxicut works or fake

Options
dlr96
dlr96 Posts: 199 Member
Looking for little advantage loosing lbs. This worth the money?

Replies

• dlr96
    dlr96 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I know it not magic just seeing it more as an "aide" if it works
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Doesn't help with weight loss. Is great for emptying your wallet.
  • steviejanedrake
    steviejanedrake Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I think they had a lawsuit for hodroxycut messing up people's livers?
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    dlr96 wrote: »

Nope. Table push aways and fork put downs, best for weight loss.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    hydroxycut may help you....

cut
    water
    ;)

Otherwise the only active ingredient is caffeine which may help with energy.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    "These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.".......

" People in a 60-day study lost an average of 10.95 lbs. with a low-calorie diet, and 3.7 lbs. in a separate 8-week study with a calorie-reduced diet and moderate exercise. Results may vary based on individual."

I wonder if the "low-calorie diet" had anything to do with it? Save your money......
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    dlr96 wrote: »

I totally get where you are coming from, but as a dude who has lost over 75 pounds, the best aid I can offer you is:
    • make up your mind and do it - mindset is huge IMHO
    • find activities that help you get there that you can tolerate or even enjoy, and
    • surround yourself with like-minded active friends who don't eat seconds and then have desert.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Hydroxycut just makes you lose water weight. That's it.

Diet and Exercise are key.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    It might have been "worth it" when it was made with ephedra, but more rigid food and drug controls required that the formulation change. Now, just like any other "aide" or "magic pill", it is solely designed to separate you from your cash. If thats your intent, then go ahead!
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You'll have to decide if an "aid" is worth the potential for liver damage:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-hydroxycut-liver-idUSTRE61B4P720100212

And I've lost close to 80 pounds without any "aids".
  • falalaholly
    falalaholly Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    vingogly wrote: »
    You'll have to decide if an "aid" is worth the potential for liver damage:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-hydroxycut-liver-idUSTRE61B4P720100212

And I've lost close to 80 pounds without any "aids".

this article is from 2010......................
  • reachntouch
    reachntouch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hydroxycut is awful. I got terrible shakes all the time and I couldn't sleep well for a while. I swore off those types of pills for a long time because it was such a waste of money. I'm using Plexus now, and LOVE it!
  • TarahByte
    TarahByte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I got some a few months ago thinking it'd help curb my appetite. Didn't do much for me except provide some caffeine. I still take them once in a while just for that reason and because I paid for them but these were $20 and caffeine pills at Food Lion are like $2.50.
  • Zipp237
    Zipp237 Posts: 255 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Of course they are lying.

I don't know if you're old enough to remember "Out we go to spend our dough without our common sense. We're the Dough Nuts!" but if you buy this stuff, you join the Dough Nuts.
  • batman12
    batman12 Posts: 16 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Rainbowbow gave you the best short answer. The only clinically proven active constituent as it pertains to metabolism boosting is the caffeine. I am talking real quantifiable, consistent, unbiased, and repeated data. You would be better off going to a powder supplier and buying pure caffeine anhydrous powder for like $10 per 100 grams. PowderCity comes to mind, but there are many out there if you do your homework. If you want to emulate the old Hydroxycut, you can get ephedrine HCL at Walgreens or CVS in Primatene tablets, or ephedrine sulfate in Bronkaid. The Walgreens version of Primatene is like $8.99 for 60 12.5mg tablets and the Bronkaid is around $13 for 60 25mg tablets. MuscleTech used white willow bark for the salicin in the old Hydroxycut formula; you could simply use aspirin for a couple bucks a bottle. Ephedrine/caffeine/aspirin is one of the most potent fat loss supplement stacks ever commonly used. There are obvious risks with taking anything. Use common sense and assess your tolerance, do not use vasoconstrictors if you have blood pressure issues, etcetera. Ephedrine can be used safely if you have half a brain, but it may be a bit much for some sensitive people. Reseach is your best friend when you are determining whether you want to take a new supplement. Spend some time on Google Scholar reading credible information, too.