logging exercise with fitbit....

hi y'all,
I have a fit bit and am exercising and going to gym. I go to a class called Pound, it's cardio/yoga. I am not sure how to log it... any suggestions. it's 45 minutes long. not sure what to call it or how to find it in MFP

Replies

• jaenetty37
    jaenetty37 Posts: 24 Member
    my other question, I cut myself off, when I wear my fit bit and exercise should I log the cardio as the fitbit picks up steps...unsure on that one
  • illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    It depends on what fitbit you have. I have the Surge, which tracks heart rate and thus offers a much better picture of calories burned. If yours doesn't have a heart rate monitor, then I'd go with MFP's suggestions. Obviously your Pound class is a bit too specific to be in the database of cardio exercise, but I'd go with maybe aerobics?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Depends on you. Personally when I had fitbit connected I didn't log exercise and just let fitbit do its thing. I find I don't lose well when I'm adding in a bunch of extra calories to eat back on top of my fitbit calories. But if you want to add your class maybe something like areobics or circuit training would work.
  • jaenetty37
    jaenetty37 Posts: 24 Member
    thanks, I appreciate it. :) my fitbit is one that tracks my heart rate, so maybe I should just let fit bit adjust for exercise. good suggestions. thanks.
  • HorrorGeekLiz
    HorrorGeekLiz Posts: 195 Member
    I usually just let the FitBit adjust for MFP, since I have a Charge HR.

What I have found is if you use the mobile app to log your excise, the calories MFP gives you to eat back double, meaning it counts both the MFP exercise calories, as well as the FitBit calories. If I use the web, it seems to make the adjustment properly and only adds the extra calories on top of the exercise you log. It's really weird. So, to avoid the whole issue, I just let the FitBit calories that get added back count and leave it at that.