Random Bouts of Exercise

Options
So, working a desk job I try to get a little bit creative with getting some extra exercises in. My favorite is doing 5 - 10 body weight squats when I use the bathroom. Since I am drinking TONS of water I have to release a few times a day anyways... Why not add 50 squats to my day? *Disclaimer* - They keep the bathroom pretty clean and it's a 1-person bathroom.

I know there's a lot of helpful tips online like "park the farthest from the entrance at the grocery store" or "Take the stairs instead of elevator".

Do you have any more tips to get in random bouts of exercise in your day?

Replies

• rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Single-leg calf raises or sumo squat hold... when filling my water bottle.
  • abitofbliss
    abitofbliss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • ForeverFitnessPT
    ForeverFitnessPT Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I stand and walk around when I'm on the phone.

Allan Misner
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer, Host of the 40+ Fitness Podcast
  • Arysta
    Arysta Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have desk job as well. I try to take two 15 min walks around the parking lot (it's pretty big). I realized before I was hardly taking any breaks at all beyond bathroom, and doing this gives me some exercise and something to look forward to (not a big fan of my job). I guess this might not work very well for everyone or every day (nowhere to walk, walking in heels, bad weather, etc.,), but it's really been a positive for me physically and mentally.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Send print jobs to the printer farthest away in the office, take the stairs rather than the elevator.
  • abitofbliss
    abitofbliss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    @Arysta Great ideas!! I have two 15min breaks and a half hour lunch so I walk on all 3 of those breaks. I love adding that extra walking that I wouldn't normally get otherwise. Of course, I also use these breaks to smoke cigs...So if I can just cut that out I'd be great!