Anyone following Diet Chef?

Options
I've only got 7 days worth and then i am just going to adopt the principles and do similar myself.

I'm on my second day and wondered if anyone here is also following the calorie controlled plan?

Replies

• kazza97
    kazza97 Posts: 13
    Options
    Im on Diet Chef. Been on it for a month and have lost a stone, I bought the 3 month plan, because I intend to do it until I loose all my weight (which is alot)

Hope you enjoy! Add me as a friend if you need support! x
  • queenofconvenience
    Options
    I'm on my second day too. My friend and I both bought a fortnight's worth and I have just had my treacle and pecan granola for breakfast. I have a feeling I should have chosen more porridge! How did you get on yesterday? We have both found that if we had eaten the diet chef food alone then we would have been way under quota on our calorie allowances and we both struggled to get close. I even ate a few chips off my partner's plate after my dinner and still get anywhere near!
  • OneLostSock
    Options
    Great to know that i'm not alone here.

I really like it because i'm a veggie too so i bulk out the meals with fruit and veg. I'd hate to miss out on fresh. It seems you have to make up about 400 cals worth.

I had the granola for breakfast but i chopped an apple and small pear and put that in with it. For lunch, i will have a small plain salad with my soup and for my evening meal, 100gs of brown rice and some broccoli will bulk out the mushroom stroganoff. It still leaves room for a DC snack, a banana and some carrot sticks.

I've got a headache from caffeine withdrawals though! But i'm not hungry and that's the main thing. I also think this will be easy to carry on once this week has run out. :o)
  • queenofconvenience
    Options
    Great suggestions for making up the difference on calories, I'll definitely try adding some rice and more veg to the lunches and dinners. Also think I may need to bulk out the granola breakfasts a bit - my youngest daughter was pinching mouthfuls of mine this morning! I agree that it's definitely something that shouldn't be difficult to replicate once the week is over, especially using this site too to keep track of calorie intake. The database is amazing on here isn't it! Will you carry your week on over the weekend?
  • OneLostSock
    Options
    Hey, Queenofconvenience, i think i might carry it on over the weekend. I'd really like to see how i can do in a whole week but fitting in a cheeky bottle of wine will be tricky! Lol!

I've done calorie counting before before but i was eating the wrong things - i ate too much bread and far too many calories went on crisps. It's nice to see how it can be done properly.
  • OneLostSock
    Options
    I've lost 2.5lbs this week (5 days of DC)

*does a happy dance*