Starting from Square One...

Options
jerseydevl94
jerseydevl94 Posts: 2 Member
edited July 2016 in Getting Started
What do they say? "First day of the rest of your life". Well, this is it. I'm tired of the pants too tight, tired of this gut and most of all just tired of being tired.

I make it a habit to quit every several months or so- it's time to change that thought pattern. This time is a commitment to myself for myself because I deserve too! The hardest part is going to be changing my habits of "do I really have to do this?" ti "man- I can't wait to hit the gym or go for a run!" That type of thinking is just so foreign to me. Not anymore- I've got my passport to a new me!

Replies

• abitofbliss
    abitofbliss Posts: 198 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Great decision @jerseydevl94 !!
  • jerseydevl94
    jerseydevl94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the vote of confidence! Plus I don't like wearing sweatpants all the time. jk
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    You've got this!
  • Lorilynn_37
    Lorilynn_37 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Add me! Helps keep the motivation going!
  • JeanLaw131
    JeanLaw131 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!
  • Maby1987
    Maby1987 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Add some MFP buddies. It's made a big difference to me this time, having support from others going through the same thing :)
    You can do it!!
  • sayingyes2success
    sayingyes2success Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've been at square one quite a few times myself. This time though, something has clicked, I've been going strong for over six months. Came back to MFP in June, but this time reached out for buddies and it has made a HUGE difference. Feel free to add me.
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Is it not the greatest feeling in the world to know you are making a better you. Best of luck. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Stronger4_life
    Stronger4_life Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support or motivation! You've made a great decision to live a healthy lifestyle! Best decision I ever made 6 years ago. I LOVE my gym time now or going on a run.
  • FitnessGirl11mfp
    FitnessGirl11mfp Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You got this :-)
  • NicoleBurgoz
    NicoleBurgoz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I hear you!
    First you have to get out if tge rut, then keep it up and the hard part clmes after you've reached your goal: Not fall back into the rut.

I'm in your boat, hope I can keep it up 'all the way' this time.

Good Luck to you!