Sagging Skin

Options
Hello All, hi my name is Pamela I would like to know what to do about sagging skin after losing weight? Has anyone experience this?

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    give it time. add muscle. stay hydrated. after a year, no one noticed it but me.
  • Foggiblu
    Foggiblu Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think this is the reason I sabotage my diet.
  • mollylautz
    mollylautz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am starting to see this on my body, especially around my underarms. It's such a bummer to see!
  • PHICKEY7
    PHICKEY7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Let's not give up
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Give it time and hope for the best.
    I think what I have on my lower abdomen might not go away without a tummy tuck. I've lost a lot of weight though and it would be odd if I didn't have it I think.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    my sagging skin after having babies never went away, you just have to learn to accept it.
  • Zipp237
    Zipp237 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    If they live long enough, everyone will have saggy skin. Some of us get it sooner by losing weight. Big deal.

How many times in your life have you this about someone else, "My goodness, look at that saggy skin!" For me, it was never. Most people will never notice, much less care. If they do care, they're not the sort of people to worry about.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I just dress carefully and live with it.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I have loose skin. I had a tummy tuck & I love it, but I still have loose skin in other areas. Even if I hadn't been able to have the tummy tuck, it was still better than being morbidly obese. I can dress to disguise it. It won't kill me, ruin my joints, make me too out of breath to walk or go up the stairs. I'm pretty vain, so I'm not going to say that I'm happy about it. If I had a bunch of money I'd make my plastic surgeon's year, but you have to keep it in perspective. There is really nothing you can do to prevent it. There are lots of ideas, but it's all about your specific skin--how elastic it is & whether it'll snap back. It can take years for it to recover.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    You might not even sag. Why worry about it now???
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    PHICKEY7 wrote: »
    Hello All, hi my name is Pamela I would like to know what to do about sagging skin after losing weight? Has anyone experience this?

Everyone will say give it time, that is because you'll just get use to it, it doesn't actually get better (in my case) people just think it does as they accept it.

Kind of like the other guy that posted I am the only person who notices my skin, no one would know it's there unless I pointed it out and I wear fairly tight clothing now.

Adding muscle will help with legs and arms but lower abs, not so much.

Edit:

The only fix is surgery, IDK where you live but look around, go to multiple clinics as some are hacks!! I had an amazing experience with one doctor and a horrid one with the other. The horrid doctor was double the cost of the good doctor also.
  • CatalinaDecaire
    CatalinaDecaire Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    mollylautz wrote: »
    I am starting to see this on my body, especially around my underarms. It's such a bummer to see!
    My daughter lost 90 pounds a couple years ago and had the underarm fat flap surgically removed. It looks amazing.
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    How bad do these flap surgeries scar? I have a lot of loose skin, and the most annoying is on my back and my arms. I guess I had a really fat back and arms, and now it looks like crepe drapes.