Best inner thigh toning workout?

Options
*Accidentally posted this in "Succes Stories". Oops.

Hi all! I was hoping to find a great inner thigh toning workout. When I do squats, lunges or RDL's with an Olympic bar, I sort of feel my inner thighs working, but not so much compared to my hams, quads, calves and glutes. So does anyone out there have any calisthenic exercises that I could do to help target that area better? I don't go to the gym, so at home exercises only, please. It's one of my toughest spots to firm up, as I tend to carry my extra weight between my gluteous maximus and my thighs. Thanks in advance!!!!!!

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    bumpasaurus rex. :D
  • healthysmiles
    healthysmiles Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels does a couple of inner thigh exercises....they both involve you being in a side plank position!

No1:
    In a side plank, supporting your weight on your top leg, bend your lower knee up towards your chest, squeezing your inner thighs as you do. Do a set (30sec), Swap sides and repeat.

No2:
    T stand raises (I think!)
    In a normal plank, raise your L arm and R leg, kicking your raised leg forward and across, squeezing your inner thighs. Alternate legs and arms on each rep.

I know I haven't explained it brilliantly, but I found they did help...good luck!
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    In addition to the numerous types of mat work you could do for inner-thighs (see Winsor Pilates Buns & Thighs video available on Google Video in its entirety), I would recommend sumo squats, and if you're feeling keen you can add little hops at the top of each squat.

Otherwise, my inner thighs have probably received the most toning from running & cycling. My adductors are very tight from running. Too tight, actually.

To add muscle to the region, try this workout: http://stephenholtfitness.com/articles/inner-thigh-exercise-d1-flexion.htm
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    bump for when i get home!! x
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kelley4123
    kelley4123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Cross over lunges!
    they're are killer but they do the job!
    Here's a link. hope it helps!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKbXNedcOGg
  • ozycat
    ozycat Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • nimbi
    nimbi Posts: 27
    Options
    Blogilates has a video called Inner Thigh Insanity found for free on youtube.
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Squats......

They are a killer on the back and inside of your thighs but they do the trick....
  • nimbi
    nimbi Posts: 27
    Options
    Blogilates has a video called Inner Thigh Insanity found for free on youtube.

Note to say I haven't actually tried it but from the name I'd guess it's good. ;)
  • 4carrie4
    4carrie4 Posts: 1
    Options
    bump
  • northstar699
    northstar699 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Where's a thigh master when you need one???
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

I read this and thought....'Uhh...does she mean the exercise I think she does...???'

Lol =D.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

I read this and thought....'Uhh...does she mean the exercise I think she does...???'

Lol =D.

Bahahahahahahah.
    Nah, that's just my way of saying "bump" with a little sillyness.
    But I guess that too. :D
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Lol =D.

Bahahahahahahah.
    Nah, that's just my way of saying "bump" with a little sillyness.
    But I guess that too. :D

LOL, well...that's a good exercise for anything...at least, that's what I've convinced myself =p.

Thanks for the smile =D.
  • janew68
    janew68 Posts: 37
    Options
    Thank you all so much! Not much time on my hand's right now to do a bunch of research, so I really, really appreciate all the input! I'll try a few new exercises, and see how it goes. I've been doing squats and lunges like crazy, but mainly with just my body weight. Time to step it up a notch! And time to get back out and run...I had to take a week and a half hiatus from running (just stuck with elliptical training), due to the infamous "Runner's Knee". Joy.

Gratzi, gratzi, gratzi!!!!!
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Thank you all so much! Not much time on my hand's right now to do a bunch of research, so I really, really appreciate all the input! I'll try a few new exercises, and see how it goes. I've been doing squats and lunges like crazy, but mainly with just my body weight. Time to step it up a notch! And time to get back out and run...I had to take a week and a half hiatus from running (just stuck with elliptical training), due to the infamous "Runner's Knee". Joy.

Gratzi, gratzi, gratzi!!!!!

You can still do bodyweight squats and lunges...you just need to increase your leverage. Try assisted one leg squats (I use my dip station to balance and let my arms help me up when necessary). There's a million ways to use bodyweight to build your strength and shape your trouble spots :)
  • jipper44
    jipper44 Posts: 111
    Options
    Bulgarian Split Squats...love 'em and hate 'em. Youtube it.