Water weight or fat?

Options
Not been exercising as much as I normally do and the little bits weren't worth logging. Weighed again this morning and lost another pound and I anticipate more before the weeks over (fingers crossed) but I'm wondering if it's a real loss. The muscles especially in my thighs are not sore anymore, have they possibly released any water they were holding due to the lack of exercise? Could my loss just be water weight or muscle mass and not fat when you stop exercising for approx 5/6 days?

Also been under my calories quite a bit.

Thanks

Serene

Replies

• 90210UK
    90210UK Posts: 81
    Options
    bump
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    If you're still under your calories, then your body will still be burning fat just from being at a calorie deficit.

-Personal view.-
  • ciege77
    ciege77 Posts: 60
    Options
    This question is kind of technical, but I'll still chime in what I think. 1st, you're not going to lose muscle mass in 5-6 days. Muscle isn't just "lost" like that, and when it does, it's on a much longer time scale (i.e. aging). 2nd, as far as water weight, there's going to be things in play like level of exertion (sweating), amount of water drank, sodium intake, etc etc, so differentiating between fat and water weight isn't that simple. If you're sticking to your calorie count, you will be fine. Your body needs water. Keep drinking. Don't excessively undercut your calorie limit. If your max is 1200, EAT 1200 NET CALORIES. Don't eat 1200, burn 200 and expect to cheat the results. Exercise when you can, even if it's only a brisk 15min power walk. You will see results if you stick to it.