How do you stay motivated?

Options
I have the hardest time staying motivated. I'll do really well keeping to a schedule for close to a month then I always end up quitting. I really think it's because of a tight schedule I have to keep for myself if I include the traditional "go to the gym" activities. I try working out at home, but it doesn't seem like I work out as well as I do at the gym. Any suggestions?

Replies

• kristens723
    kristens723 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find it helpful to spend a little time each day planning for that particular day. I do it before I even get out of bed. I figure out where in my tight schedule I will have the ability to get in some physical activity. Sometimes I need 3 - 10 minute walks bc I just can't find a 30 minute block of time. Also, look for down time in the middle of your day where you can get in a little movement.

I also find that if I stop seeing big results I get lax on things or feel like it's not worth it. That's all a mental strengthening that needs to be worked on. So I find ways to live the present me while looking forward to future me.
  • woah1babe
    woah1babe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have the hardest time staying motivated!!! It's like I need a challenge to keep me going or else I feel like it's not worth anything :(
  • navdeeprana
    navdeeprana Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Really depends if you really really want it ...or you just feel to have it.....the body that you imagine yourself to have some day ...

It is mostly a mind game ...not just physical but more about the mental strength...

If you really really want something no one can stop you to get it...you can fail once twice thrice ....but never always, what matters in NEVER QUIT.

Stay strong
  • Anabug81
    Anabug81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have a picture on my frig of me at my goal weight! It totally motivates me to keep me going also helps that everyone tells me how good I look losing weight.
  • kanaelili06
    kanaelili06 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Something just clicked one day after putting on 30 lbs in grad school. I read something that said you just have to do it, no excuses. I am NOT a morning person, but when I have to go walk the dogs after work, I know I'm not going to have the energy to put on my gym clothes and drive through downtown to the gym at 6 pm.

So I set a goal and I have forced myself to get to the gym by 6 am everyday with one rest day per week. I leave the rest day flexible depending on life, but try to never skip Monday. Monday really sets the tone for the week. Too many things happen during the day to risk leaving it to the end. Start with the mentality of "let's just get this over with" until it becomes routine.

I also bought a food scale and try my best to log everything. Also, if I think I'm hungry, I drink water first to see if I feel better.
  • wrighty11146
    wrighty11146 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I look at some of the old shirts I have and would love to wear them again. I also wouldn't mind to do some comic cosplay like deadpool or Punisher and do to them, i need to shift some major weight. One thing that is really helping me at the moment too is my log streak which is on 41 days. longest ive ever done :)
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I've been at this a long time, maintaining a lose and slowly still losing for 4 years and the truth is many days I'm not motivated. A clear understanding of what would be the alternative gets my butt out on a walk or on the elliptical and keeps me logging. The alternative being feeling miserable with so much extra weight, why would I want that for myself.
  • BarbellzNBrotein
    BarbellzNBrotein Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Be satisfied with the miniscule progresses. That will get you across the line.
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Don't ever say just a lb. Be happy with all those just one lb they do add up.