Do you eat for!!

Options
I was wondering do you eat foods that are healthy or foods you like just track them. I've been eating strictly for health and hate most foods I'm eating but I eat them because there healthy.

Thanks

Replies

• mean_jeannie
    mean_jeannie Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I feel certain you can find healthy food you enjoy. Do you cook?

I do both - I eat healthy food I enjoy and I have things just because I like them. Like pizzzzzaaaa
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    You gotta go for a nice balance of both worlds of you'll just be miserable.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,157 Member
    Options
    I made a decision when I signed on here and started my diet that I was going to eat only foods I like. I was not going to waste any calories on foods I don't like. And I've stuck to that as much as possible since Feb 2015.

Fortunately, I love most veggies, fruit, rice, pasta, whole grain breads, chicken, tuna, low cal yogurts, almond milk, etc. :)

But I also love nutella and honey, and chocolate, and cookies, and ice cream ... so I have them in moderation too.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    I learned to eat foods I like in portions that fit my calories.
    I also learned to like new foods that let me eat bigger or more satisfying portions.
    I also learned I can enjoy treats in portions that fit my calorie and macro targets.

I succeeded by asking questions and putting what I learned into action.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I only eat foods I like.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I only eat foods I like.

This, In fact, it was only after I resolved to lose weight that I stopped eating food that I hate. Sheer laziness compelled me to eat quick and easy stuff that I actually loathed. It also had the nasty side effect of driving me into a caloric surplus without me realizing it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I eat foods I like. I happen to like vegetables, lean meats, greek yogurt, protein shakes, and low calorie desserts. Once in awhile I'll eat a big piece of cake the size of my face and log it though.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I like many foods. Some of them I do eat frequently. Some of them I do not. I dislike few foods. Very few.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I only eat food I like.
  • Zipp237
    Zipp237 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I eat healthy foods that I like. Once you get into eating fresh, healthy food you start to like it more than salty junk food. It's more flavorful. It's just better tasting.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Foods are not inherently unhealthy.

What can be unhealthy is poor context and dosage of foods over a prolonged period.

Pizza, donuts, ice cream, etc etc etc, all fall in to the 'healthy' bracket, as in will have no detrimental effect on your health, when consumed in the correct context and dosages in the realms of a balanced dietary intake.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I was wondering do you eat foods that are healthy or foods you like just track them. I've been eating strictly for health and hate most foods I'm eating but I eat them because there healthy.

This attitude was okay for losing weight, I could do it for a few months, but it made it impossible for me to keep weight off once I lost it. This time around I'm doing what everybody upthread are doing - eating food I like in appropriate portions, getting in a variety of different foods, expand my palate, enjoy every last bit of everything I eat, looking forward to eating, enjoying the feeling after I've eaten. I eat the same foods I've always preferred, but some things less often or in smaller amounts, other things have become regulars in my diet. No strange combinations or nasty "health" foods. Ordinary foods, prepared well - sandwiches, soups, smoothies, porridges, pork chops and casseroles, cheese and fruit, fruit and nut butters, raw vegetables, stir-frys, noodles, wraps, everything has its place and "knows" its place.

Sidenote: I wonder what you get out of being here. You signed up in 2011? The whole idea of MFP, in my opinion, is to get in better eating habits and improve relationship with food. You've participated in many threads where you show this negative attitude and no intention to challenge it. Do you enjoy suffering? I know some people do, they like to feel that they are "doing something". It may feel like the right thing to do now, but it will backfire (it does for virtually everybody). You don't have to, but you'd have to want a change for it to change.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I eat only really delicious foods that I LOVE. And 90% of them are "healthy", aka, nutrient dense, high fiber foods.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I eat all the foods allowed on LCHF currently. Which, for me, happens to be a lot of my favourites anyway. :smile:
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I eat for health but only eat foods l like. Healthy foods don't need to be raw or bland or plain. I eat a very varied and delicious diet.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Both I guess.
    I always eat food I like.
    I try to eat a certain amount of protein foods, fruits and vegetables and not go too overboard on sodium. I avoid or limit things like alcohol, artificial sweeteners and caffiene because I don't like the effects they have on my body.
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I only eat foods I like. Fortunately, the majority of those could also be regarded as healthy ('cept yesterday... a load of french fries at lunch and pizza for dinner - but still hit my macro targets and only went a little over on cals).
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Both! I wouldn't eat something I don't like just because it's healthy haha I try to eat "healthy" stuff just because it's usually more filling for less calories but I eat unhealthy stuff too :smile: