Wii Fit Aerobic Workouts?

Options
hush7hush
hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
Does anyone have a sort of "plan" they do to get a decent workout on their wii fit?!

I'm trying to come up with some ideas for workouts lasting about 20-30 minutes that I can do when I'm bored. :D
Ones that will actually give me a decent burn.
Do you have a good plan? Please share!!

Thanks for any/all responses!!

Replies

• EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hello

It's hard to do a workout for that long on Wii Fit that is 20-30 mins but I would definitely incorporate the Hoola Hoop and Boxing workouts (if you go through each twice it should take about 15 mins I think when you are on the more advanced setting). Hoola Hoop especially really gets me working and sweating. Then add some yoga or strength moves (I tend to just do a selection and mix it up).

The problem I find is that you end up pausing too much in between sets because you have to wait for each workout to begin. I think this means that when you work out for 30 minutes you are really only doing about 20 mins of exercise!!

Hope it helps!!
  • hush7hush
    Options
    Thanks!
    I know you can't get a serious workout from it, but I like to play around with it while I cook my breakfast. [:
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Oh totally good for just a "I'm bored and need to burn a few more calories today" routine!! I definitely do the Hoola Hoop for that as it's the only one of the "cardio" type workouts that I can actually feel working. I also think it's great for trimming your waist :bigsmile:
  • hush7hush
    Options
    I sure hope so! Everything else is getting smaller, but my waist is enormous!! [:
    I really like the boxing, it makes me sweat. :D
    And I hate my arms, so I hope it'll help tone those up, too.
  • kelley4123
    kelley4123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Biggest loser for Wii is great! Different routines every day and weigh in at the end of the week! oh and of course zumba!
  • sheer_abulous
    Options
    If you've unlocked all the running categories, you can just do the jog for half an hour, it's not that taxing and it really pays off!
  • mizzsolero
    mizzsolero Posts: 47
    Options
    love the 15 min hoola hoop, i used to do that twice a day and got results xx
  • hush7hush
    Options
    I didn't know there was a 15 minutes hula hoop?!!
  • hush7hush
    Options
    Anybody else?!
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Fit plus and use the personal trainer, you put in what areas of your body you want to work on, for how long, and it comes up with an effective exercise routine. I love it :smile: