Calorie deductions from calorie balance

Options
Can someone please tell me where the settings are which allows you to include or exclude your calories used after exercise - which then get deducted.

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    There isn't a setting unless you have premium. On the free version if you log exercise under your exercise diary, the calories are deducted.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    You can also edit the exercise after so it's 1 calorie... that way you've logged the exercise but haven't really affected your counts. It's a method that many use.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    You can also edit the exercise after so it's 1 calorie... that way you've logged the exercise but haven't really affected your counts. It's a method that many use.

That.
    I just guessed he was looking to use it the other way based on a post in another thread.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    I didn't see the other post so I'm clueless... just offering options. If it's not applicable, that's cool too.
  • cliftonav
    cliftonav Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. Just to add that I do have the premium version of MFP. Initially the feature was selected by default - but some how I turned it off a week ago (intentionally) as I didn't want my total calorie balance available being increased due to my exercise (calories burned). I now would like to turn it back on but I can't find how I can do this.
  • cliftonav
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Still can't get this sorted. I just can't find the option to turn this feature back on that automatically adds calories (and displays it on your diary page) available after exercises that burns them
  • cliftonav
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Found It! It's found in Goals > Fitness Goals > Exercise Calories On (or off)
  • dlcshan
    dlcshan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Go to My Home
    Go to Goals
    Click Edit in the Fitness box.
    It is in the right column.