Protein !!

Options
2»

Replies

• Gotchocolate
    Gotchocolate Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have also struggled with getting enough protein, but I eat mostly vegan. I found these Raw Rev Glow bars on amazon! I eat one of the creamy peanut butter sea salt ones every day now with breakfast! 180 calories and 15 grams protein, 13 grams fiber I think and only 3 grams of sugar. All real ingredients, no sugar alcohols which do not agree with me... anyway, these bars have been a lifesaver for me. I try to eat healthy and get some protein with every meal or snack but this is a great boost to my diet.
  • ambitiousgirl20
    ambitiousgirl20 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Eggs
    Shrimp
    Chicken Breast
    Salmon
  • jmidd97
    jmidd97 Posts: 84 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    For me, planning is key. The night before, I take a few seconds to chill and just pre-log everything for the next day, modifying and changing things until I hit the numbers and ratios I want.
    My main foods are - like everyone else - eggs, minced beef (drain the fat if you wish), cheese, protein powder, tinned tuna, chicken and the odd protein bar as a treat. Doing this I usually hit 125g - 150g with a 1500 calorie limit.
    And if you're not a broke student like me, there's salmon, Greek yoghurt (high or low fat), and seafood.
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    The average person should aim for 42g of protein. Active women, 52g, and active men, 62g.

How much fibre are you getting every day? That could be why you're so hungry.