Sabotaging myself at work

Options
rac_h
rac_h Posts: 3 Member
Hello everyone, I'm here to lose extra weight and gain muscle. I go to the gym and enjoy taking cardio classes 4 days a week and lift for 3...that kind of week is a really good week for me. I eat well when I'm home but when I get to work is when things go downhill. I work third and I think being around co-workers who drink gallons of soda each night and aren't physically active is messing with me. And I love their comments "you went to the gym, you can have this, it won't hurt"

Replies

• rac_h
    Options
    Wow, so after writing the above essay haha I went to work, guess who stuck to the meals she brought? Yeah, this girl!! Hope someone besides me benefits from my rant, thanks for reading xo.
  • willburpeeforcookie
    willburpeeforcookie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    What do you do for work? Are you sedentary and near your co workers or active and can avoid them haha. And congrats on sticking to your meals!
  • HotandNerdy
    HotandNerdy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. lol.
    Great work!
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Yup, I think planning ahead would be the way to go here... I do pretty well at work because I bring my own lunch and snacks and don't have access to a lot of other stuff unless I make a conscious effort to go out and buy it.
    I do find it easier to say no when I have something else.... "no thanks, I don't want any chips, I've got a snack right here" ... even if I'm not eating it at that moment. I also like things like hot chocolate (under 50 cals) as that takes me a while to drink and feels like a treat.
  • rac_h
    Options
    @willburpeeforcookie I work in a group home for intellectually individuals. I am on my feet and moving around all night except for maybe an hour or two at the most and then I do try and avoid my coworkers to some extent because when you sit down, you chow down lol.
    @pebble4321 I always bring my own food, just sometimes I don't eat it...stupid, I know that. Did great again last night so thanks for reading and leaving comments. Accountability at its finest!
  • taunto_
    taunto_ Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I think its awesome what you are doing and even better is that you are taking responsibility for your actions. If you feel that your co-workers are "enabling" you, then you have to steer clear of them and their bad habits.

I have noticed myself giving into others poor habit if I am well prepared. For example, when I was working third shift at a corner store, the day I will bring my "lunch" with me, I wouldn't be tempted to eat the crap from the store. I would always bring some healthy foods plus some munchies like fruits or nuts etc. I was working alone but in your situation, you can use your lunch and tell the co-workers that you don't wanna try their food/pop because you brought your own.

I bid you good luck in your future endeavors :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • abitofbliss
    abitofbliss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    So happy to hear that you did it!!! I personally enter all of my food into MFP the night before and it makes it easier to stay on track. I also really look forward to my meals, I literally have a schedule that I eat on during work so that also helps. Keep it up!
  • hazzaram
    hazzaram Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. I get to work and I can stick to what's in my lunch bag but once I get home - ugh. Good on you for sticking to it!