Any other ladies trying to lose 50+ pounds?

Options
carolynensanchez
carolynensanchez Posts: 9 Member
edited July 2016 in Motivation and Support
I am finally pushing myself to try and lose this weight because it is ruining my mental health. I have to lose about 70 pounds and would love some friends or any kind of motivation! Not sure how to properly use this app yet and this community section but I'm assuming you just add each other?

Replies

• Needtolosefive
    Needtolosefive Posts: 17 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I've lost 50 pounds in eight months, gained back 10 due to meds, now I have 5 pounds left.

It helped to make small changes and goals. Had I known I had to lose 50, I would have never done it. But I took small steps and reevaluated my goal weight each time I hit it.

You can do it! Baby steps!
  • harpreetkr79
    harpreetkr79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to lose 50 pounds as well!
  • SennyDee
    SennyDee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi im also trying to lose about 70pounds. I will like to add you but I have not idea how :s
  • carolynensanchez
    Options
    I've lost 50 pounds in eight months, gained back 10 due to meds, now I have 5 pounds left.

It helped to make small changes and goals. Had I known I had to lose 50, I would have never done it. But I took small steps and reevaluated my goal weight each time I hit it.

You can do it! Baby steps!

Wow that's amazing!! Thank you for the advice I will definitely take it in as I go through my journey. Good luck with those last five! :)
  • carolynensanchez
    Options
    Hi im also trying to lose about 70pounds. I will like to add you but I have not idea how :s

I'll add you right now! I think I've figured it out haha :)
  • carolynensanchez
    Options
    I'm also trying to lose 50 pounds as well!

Ok I added you back! :)
  • doubletee2016
    doubletee2016 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm currently new to this. Dr as of this morning said I need to lose about 100 lbs. This is going to be so hard for me. I don't have much motivation for myself so I ted to give up easy.
  • kspirit
    kspirit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Me too. I do good for awhile than get off track. I do believe the secret is to never give up!
  • doubletee2016
    doubletee2016 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This time I can't give up no matter what. My health is to bad and basically it can't get any worse.
  • jmolivia
    jmolivia Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose 95#.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Don't do 'friends' on MFP cause I keep my homepage/newsfeed for personal jargon I have with myself ... which I find very helpful to blurb to myself about how I'm feeling about things that come up and lessons I've learned or forgotten only to have them rear up again. If something feels notewothy and like it would be helpful to others, then I share that on one of the community page threads I visit on a regular basis. It's like keeping a personal diary online instead of in a hand written journal. ... helps keep me focused and allows me to rant privately.
  • Scorpio8402
    Scorpio8402 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Me! I lost 80 and then had 2 babies in 11.5 months and gained 40 back. Now looking to lose about 60 to be at my goal weight :)
  • JustGotaDream
    JustGotaDream Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there , I'm lost 20 pounds so far, Feel free to add and I'll add back
  • Chrisjuvers
    Chrisjuvers Posts: 2,692 Member
    Options
    I'm 19.4 lbs down as of today & would like to lose another 30-50#.