Girls 5'0" and UNDER come here! \ (* ゜▽゜)ノ

Options
Hi everyone! I know there is a group for girls 5'4" and under, but I thought it would be a good idea to build a place for us girls 5'0" and under, since a lot of things aren't designed around us. Remember, this is a place for us to talk, ask questions, and give support.

It is nice to meet you everyone! (*\(^-^)/*)

Replies

• healthysmiles
    healthysmiles Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yayy finally! 5'0 over here !! I'm so tired of everyone telling me my goal weight is too low , it's just like ... Excuse me , it might be low for you because you have a whole 7 inches on me but it's perfect for my height. Okay , rant over! :D xxx
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    AMEN! I'm 5'0'' with a small frame, so my goal is loosely 108. If anybody wants to add me, please pop a message in with your request please :)
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Yayy finally! 5'0 over here !! I'm so tired of everyone telling me my goal weight is too low , it's just like ... Excuse me , it might be low for you because you have a whole 7 inches on me but it's perfect for my height. Okay , rant over! :D xxx

HI HEALTHYSMILE! I'm so happy you are here~:wink: I actually just went through the same thing you are talking about here on MFP. I asked a question about calories and a couple guys thought instead of answering my question, that it would be better to convince me I have an eating disorder (simply based on my goal weight) and that I needed to gain weight. One of them went as far as to browse the photos in my profile and tell me I looked too skinny, ESPECIALLY in the photo I took with my cell phone...

Thing is, I'm white and the the other girls in my album weren't just asian, but they look nothing alike! :laugh:
  • parisianskies002
    Options
    I am 4'11'' but round it up to 5'0'' :P

l know what you mean! My goal weight is 100lb or even less, but to some people it is definitely too low - but for my height, l don't think it is! xoxo
  • hsquared87
    hsquared87 Posts: 73
    Options
    I have been looking for a group like this. I'm in. I am 5 feet tall. My goal is at the high end of the spectrum for me at 130 /125. I have been trying to get back down to my post boot camp weight that was 133. Post boot camp is the smallest I've ever been. I am currently at 150 now and I can't wait to meet my goal.

Us shorties will make it to our goals go US! If you want a MFP friend send me a request.

hsquared87
  • AMANDAJOY1104
    AMANDAJOY1104 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Im also 5'0 my goal wieght for now is 130. I started at 170, now Im 155! If I get to 130 easily enough then I'll for sure set a new goal! Im new here to MFP and this is my first post so add me!
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    hey everyone :) i'm 4' 11" lol
  • Theweebarrell
    Theweebarrell Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone i am 5ft - good to see a thread for the wee ones here lol
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i'm 4'11, currently at 138ish and looking to get down to 115 by halloween. idk if that's a reasonable goal. i weighed 97lbs in highschool, but back then i ran distance track for like 3 hours a day and that was before i dabbled in drugs and alcohol. i personally don't even want to weigh that low because i think i'd look weird without my curves.

i get so frustrated because the "healthy" weight range for someone my size is SO MUCH lower then where i'm at now. i don't think i'd look right if i weighed less then 100lbs -- i'm not a child, i don't want to look like one :\
  • angdrusso
    angdrusso Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I am 4'11" and currently 112lbs having lost 19lbs since Feburary (or 100 days according to MFP!). Ideally would love to get to 107 - but at the moment I have come to a stand still - not too sure what to do next?! However, I am quite happy - just really need to tone a little. I am in the UK. Friend me if you like! Angie x
  • Theweebarrell
    Options
    Afternoon all , how are we today, can you tell me how many cals you are all on, i am on 1100, i am aiming to lose 1-2lbs a week
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm not under 5', I am 5'3" but I just wanted to pop in here and give you guys my support. I saw all the flack you got about your goal weight and I agree with you. People under 5' are going to have way lower ideal weights. And they are going to have lower calorie requirements. I am on my way back to 140 but at 140 and lifting heavy weights 3 days a week I wear a size 4 in any brand jeans. I also cannot eat more than 1400-1500 calories a day to maintain 140lbs, and that's with lifting weights 3x's a week and doing 30 minutes of cardio 5 times a week. So if you are under 5' and are not working out you are going to have a lot lower calorie needs. I workout because I enjoy it, it gives me more muscle and allows me to eat a bit more. good luck girls.
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all , how are we today, can you tell me how many cals you are all on, i am on 1100, i am aiming to lose 1-2lbs a week

I try to keep my net under 1000, hoping to lose 1-2lbs a week as well.
  • momwithacamera
    momwithacamera Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am 5' 0" , CW is 183 and GW is 113 right now, so I have 70 pounds to lose. That is hard to even say or comprehend for me, but after 4 babies, I have a LOT to take off! I am glad to see some other "Fun-sized" ladies on here, because I think people don't really get how it is to be this short and what someone who is 5' 0" should really weigh.

Good luck to everyone on your journeys!
  • momwithacamera
    momwithacamera Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Oh, and also, my current calorie goal is set at 1200, but also I am breastfeeding my baby several times a day, so that adds 300 to adjust for breastfeeding an older baby (lower than the standard 500 usually given for breastfeeding.)

I hope it works and I will keep ya posted!

What do you all think of the 113 goal for a 38 year old mom of 4 who is 5'0"?
  • MoveLoveEat
    MoveLoveEat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    5'0" here as well (I think, we work in CM and the converter told me I was 5'01") :)

Nice to see a thread dedicated to those of smaller stature!

I'm on 1200 cals and only eat all my exercise calories when I'm hungry, otherwise I try and eat about half :)
  • PeaceMe
    PeaceMe Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also 5'0. Good to know there is a thread for those of us who are petite! Feel free to add me!
  • Theweebarrell
    Options
    afternoon all how are we today, hope everyone is doing good, are you all coping with all the bbqs going on around you :)
  • JHR323
    JHR323 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'd like to join in :) I'm 5'0" as well. I'm currently stuck at 114.6 and would love to lose about 5 - 10 lbs by my wedding on 9/24/11. I have been eating my exercise calories back and have my cals at 1200, so I'm thinking I should shoot for closer to 1000/1100 and not eat back my exercise cals to hopefully break this plateau. Glad there's a group here for us super shorties!!