Newbie!

Options
Petinar
Petinar Posts: 3 Member
Hi there, Just signed up tonight - very new to this but need to find a way (and the motivation!) to start to lose some weight!

I saw a photo of myself last weekend and was so horrified I deleted it immediatly! Aaargh! I am a bridesmaid in my good friends wedding in April next year and I DO NOT want to be "plus size"!

I look forward to reading up and getting advise from all of you!

:blushing:

Replies

• cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. this is a wonderful site that's for sure. Everyone helps each other along the way. Loads of support is given I cant stress that enough. Feel free to friend me if you would like. Good luck on your goals i know you can achieve it.
  • pinkgirlzoe
    pinkgirlzoe Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    yeah i would agree this is a great site. Always people there to support and encourage.
    i would also say try and sign up for a challenge it will really push you along. Also read the success stories with photos because i will be so proud when I can be just like them.
    Add me if you would like support and encouragement. xx
  • SabineKarpova
    Options
    Welcome! You will love this place - I find it so addictive and always find so many tips and inspiring stories! Good luck! :)
  • Petinar
    Petinar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much ladies :)
  • sheer_abulous
    Options
    Hey! I'm new too and it's absolutely brilliant. Motivate yourself in as many positive ways as you can think of. Do what I do, take a photo of yourself now, then take another every 6 weeks - put each photo next to eachother somewhere you can see them all the time side by side. Provided you stick to the programme and get plenty of cardio and strength exercises in, you'll soon see a difference. I lost my weight on my own and I wish i'd found this sooner! Just remember losing weight takes time so be patient and don't put too much pressure on yourself. Remember muscle weighs more than fat and the more muscle you have, the more fat you burn so don't panic if when you've got working out that you've put on weight - it's just muscle. top tip? be honest with yourself and be positive in the foods you eat. Don't forget to treat yourself once in a while! if you don't you'll have a day of binge eating and you'll feel bad about it. Best of Luck!
  • EdensMummy
    EdensMummy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hey

It's hard but this site is a great help. The best thing to do is make sure you log everything you eat - it helps you to identify foods that you could perhaps do without or find a healthier alternative for and I find the thought of having to write down bad food actually deters you from eating it! That's just my view anyway!

I have only just started too, feel free to add me as a friend if you want to!

Good luck :)
  • vinnysgirl
    vinnysgirl Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome

I am sure you will love this site, so much encouragement, support, motivation and inspiration.

As EdensMummy says remember to log everything as this helps so much. Also increased exercise plays a huge part too :smile:
    The motivation challenges on here are brilliant for making you do things.

Good luck on reaching your goal, we are all here to help you along the way, through the good times and the bad.

Feel free do add me as a friend if you wish :smile: