Off to a Slow Start!

Options
So I've just completed my first 3 week's of tracking again. I'll admit, I have not been perfectly under my calorie goal everyday. However, I have logged for a 23 day streak and I know that I've made some major changes to my diet and exercise habits.

So far I haven't lost any lbs in the three weeks. My weight has fluctuated and there are other factors that have come into play like going camping for a few days and the reoccurring regular monthly bloating.... I'm not demotivated yet! I have a feeling that I could see a good loss next weigh-in because those above said factors will be out of the picture.

There have been quite a few days where I've be able to see/feel a small difference in myself which is great! I'm just wondering, for those who remember their first few weeks to a month, how long until you started seeing numbers? Has anyone dealt with a similar situation to myself? Or how long do should you wait before tweaking your diet/exercise?

Replies

• mysticatgal1
    mysticatgal1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have been on here for over 10 weeks so I'm just finding my groove. I tried following the nutrition guide for p90x3 when I started, which has a crazy high calorie count for a couple of weeks and realized it didn't feel right. the next couple of weeks it was very slow but at MyFitnessPal numbers with adding workouts in after. In the last month I lost 10 pounds in a month. I still have a long way to go but am definitely getting less discouraged.
  • dfree4wb
    dfree4wb Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You just have to stay consistent, any change is a gain. You'll get there, remember success breeds success and small gains (losses) add up. Hang in there! Good luck!
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling you'll see a loss too. A lot of people don't lose weight when they start working out because of water retention, and your period definitely made you retain water too which could have set you back a week. There's so many factors, so people always say that if it's only been 3 weeks don't worry (especially if you had your period during those 3 weeks). I know how you feel though, I've been losing weight consistently for 6 weeks but just last week I've been losing and gaining the same 2 pounds. I had my period too but I'm still waiting for the weight to come off. I've only been stalling for a little over a week but it's definitely annoying lol
  • courtneyrm
    courtneyrm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I definitely feel more reassured.
  • courtneyrm
    edited July 2016
    Options
    So just in case there is someone who dealing with a similar situation as me and needs some answers... I was down 2 lbs this week. Still a slow start as it's been a month of logging almost BUT still a gain! Now I can better tell what works for me and what I need to change to truly see results.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    As you go through this process I also find it very helpful to take measurements. You might have weeks where the scale doesn't budge but the tape measure does, and that can help fend off the loss of motivation
  • courtneyrm
    Options
    That's a great point @KatieJane83 . I should probably get those in soon so I can track the inches lost from beginning to end.