I need recipes for chicken!

Options

Replies

• savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Marinate in lemon/garlic/olive oil/salt/cumin, grill, serve in tortillas with veggies.

cart Chicken!
    http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/12/serious-eats-halal-cart-style-chicken-and-rice-white-sauce-recipe.html
    (This is my kids's favorite meal of all time)

This one is so good:
    http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1014925-chicken-with-caramelized-onion-and-cardamom-rice

And this one is another favorite with my family:
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/african_sweet_potato_chicken_stew.html

• dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    dklibert wrote: »
    I poach a lot of chicken! I use Rachael Ray's method, but I use less garlic and lemon. Then you can use it for almost anything. Soup, salads, tacos, for bbq pulled chicken.

I bake a lot of chicken too. I usually bake bone in skin on chicken breast at 350 for an hour and 15 minutes. I use several different spice blends. [cajun seasoning and minced garlic] [lemon, oregano and garlic] [Lawery's season salt] [herbs de provenance] all very good.

I have done the whole chicken in a crockpot. It is very moist and falls apart.

I have also done the whole chicken in a bundt pan with potatoes at the bottom. The potatoes are so good! soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/03/roasted-chicken-in-bundt-pan.html

I also like Piri Piri chicken. I make both a marinade and a dry seasoning. Both are delicious. I usually grill it. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/03/piri-piri-chicken.html
    soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/03/piri-piri-seasoning.html

Poaching chicken sounds really nasty

Poached chicken is divine. Add lemon, garlic, fresh herbs, Vermouth, white wine, or whatever floats your boat into the water. You will never tolerate dry chicken breast again.

And then you can use the poaching liquid to make rice or couscous. Mmmmm.
  • TheUwuest
    TheUwuest Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    message for lowcal chicken tortilla soup, highish cal african groundnut stew, (chicken, spinach, peanut, onion deliciousness) lowcal super high volume vegetable chicken curry or mid cal chicken mac n cheese casserole
  • WOODWAYONE
    WOODWAYONE Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great ideas
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Succulent Slow Cooker Chicken

2 chickens cut in pieces (breasts, thighs, legs), bone-in but skinless
    Large Vidalia onion chopped
    6 garlic cloves
    1Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
    1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
    Penzey's Northwoods seasoning (salt, Hungarian sweet paprika, Tellicherry black pepper, thyme, cracked rosemary, granulated garlic, chipotle)
    Enough water to cover
    Cook on low for 5.5 - 6 hours.
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Honey Chicken is my favorite.

1 pound chicken boneless breast cut in bite size pieces
    5 tablespoons ketchup
    4 tablespoons brown or white sugar I prefer brown
    3 tablespoons water
    2 tablespoons honey
    1 tablespoon each of soy sauce and vinegar

mix your sauce together and then add the chicken It will be done in two to three hours if put in crockpot on high.

I also will make extra sauce on the stove and cook down so it will be a thicker sauce to spoon over chicken.

I will make it and add some cauliflower fried rice to go with it. This is the only way I can get my fiancee to eat chicken.
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    www.allrecipes.com!
  • Mom2Frankie
    Mom2Frankie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I make Hummus Chicken a lot. I put garlic hummus on chicken breast and I squeeze lemon and a little sprinkle of smoke paprika on top and bake it. It makes a delicious crust and the chicken is not dry at all! One of our favorites!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    My hubs and I love to take chicken thighs (so much more flavorful) and sear it with blackening seasoning in an iron skillet, set the chicken aside and good a green veg (broccoli, asparagus), and then finally add shallots, garlic and mushrooms. Cut chicken in to strips and enjoy. Keeps and reheats well.
  • tamerahbennett
    tamerahbennett Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fast Cook, Slow Cooker Chicken
    3lbs thawed chicken breast (I usually buy the 3lb frozen bag of breasts)
    1 can light coconut milk
    1 small can diced green chilis
    cumin
    salt
    pepper
    garlic
    oregano

I sprinkle the chicken breasts on both sides with spices. Add to slow cooker with the can of coconut milk and green chilis. Cook on HIGH for four hours.

The chicken will shred and be very tasty. The coconut milk really acts to moisten the chicken without giving it much flavor.

I might shred the chicken and warm up it the skillet with additional spices and some oil to change the flavor. Makes great tacos. Works for pad thai.

Easy to use for chicken salad.
  • fitgoals23
    fitgoals23 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    One easy recipe that I absolutely love is chicken marinaded in lemon juice, olive oil, and rosemary that I got from my favorite cooking show/book - http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/debi-mazar-and-gabriele-corcos/grilled-tuscan-chicken.html

It is best grilled, but also lovely just sautéed on a stovetop or seared on the stovetop and then baked.

It is also great because while it has a great flavor on its own, it also is a mild enough flavor that it can be incorporated in a ton of different recipes. You can make a big batch on the weekend and then use it in wraps or sandwiches, on top of salads or pasta, stir-fried with veggies and rice, and so on.
  • Rachael_789
    Rachael_789 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Butterfly a chicken breast.
    Mix a little tomato purée with a little water, black pepper and oregano.
    Spread over the chicken breast and it's like a base for a pizza
  • DeviatedNorm
    DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The other day I sauteed a bunch of cabbage (napa and green) with onions and a little oil and I mixed that with some pre-cooked chicken breast and doused it all in Sriracha and it was so amazing. Like 3 cups of food was 250 calories (mostly cabbage, only did 2.5 oz of chicken). Super easy, super tasty.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Going to admit I didn't read through all the posts, so some of these are probably duplicates.

Someone mentioned poaching chicken - this is one of my favorite ways to prepare chicken for shredding (plus, stock for later). I just poached a chicken yesterday and used half to make chicken melts - homemade bread, garlic basil aoili, tomato slices, whole basil leaves, shredded chicken, topped with tomato garlic cheese, popped in the broiler for about five minutes. Nom. I'm using the rest for a basic chicken salad - chicken, mayo, greek yogurt, celery, sweet onion, grapes. Shredded chicken is also great in tacos or burritos. If I have a whole chicken, I typically either shred it, cut it up and fry it, or roast it.

If I have chicken pieces, you can do any number of one-pot dishes with skin-on, bone-in thighs (or breasts, but I just prefer dark meat), where you sear the skin side to make them crispy, turn them over to keep the crispy side up, and then add vegetables and liquid, a la http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/01/braised-chicken-thighs-cabbage-bacon-recipe.html You can make innumerable flavor combinations - balsamic chicken with tomatoes and caramelized onion, Spanish chicken with saffron, paprika and potatoes, or throw in some tomatoes and jalapenos, maybe some beans and corn, cumin, chili powder and serve with or over rice for a tex-mex style dish, etc, etc.

If you have boneless skinless pieces, I do things like stir fry (if you stock up your pantry with oyster sauce, fish sauce, hoisin, rice vinegar, soy sauces, sesame oil, etc, you can make an endless variety of sauces), chicken tikka masala, chicken vindaloo, chicken, rice, and veggie casseroles, chicken tenders/nuggets with homemade dipping sauces. If I have, specifically, boneless skinless chicken breasts (thighs fall apart too much), chicken cordon bleu, chicken kiev, or any other stuffed, breaded chicken breasts.

Chicken is hugely versatile. If you're short on ideas, just google chicken recipes. There are so many great blogs out there that you can get ideas from.
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    - Chicken baked in a bottle of fat free or regular Italian dressing, pour out dressing after its cooked, really tasty.
    - Chicken breast w olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and fresh lemon, bake or sauté

My boyfriend's mom makes the baked chicken w/Italian dressing but also mixes marinara in to make the sauce. So freaking tasty.
  • clg1241
    clg1241 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Try Google lookup for Sunrise Chicken. Chicken breast marinated in tequila, citrus cilantro and garlic (always have lots of garlic). I only know that I start with this recipe as a baseline and add from there. I know I add more tequila than required. Maybe that's why I think this is so good!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    go check out a recipe website...they'll have tons of chicken recipes.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Marinate boneless skinless chicken breast in Newman's Own Lime Vinaigrette, grill over charcoal (oh all right, or over gas grill!) Sublime...(pun intended!)