Healthy Food Ideas???

Options
Hi everyone,

Im after some food ideas that i can prepare and take to work to warm up if need be..
Problem is im a picky eater :-/
Not too keen on tuna or anything fishy
love pasta and chicken!!
would love to make soup....but havent a clue how to?

Please help me!!

p.s I work on a building site and i sit in the top cabin, below me is the devil......the canteen woman frying up bacon from 7-1pm!!

All recipes and ideas are much much appreciated!!

Have a lovely day :) xx

Replies

• mrshalltb
    mrshalltb Posts: 10
    Options
    I feel for you as im also a picky eater and would love to know food ideas as all i eat is chicken and pasta. as much as it is good for you, its also alot of carbs. add me as a friend and we can try share ideas :)
  • river88island
    Options
    Hi..

Im thinking new potatos and vegetables etc...with chicken of corse.. :)

ideas? x
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Do you have a crockpot? I put in chicken, veggies and various sauces. You can make your own soups, stews or just flavored chicken. There is always enough to last several days when I am done.
  • RobertaG
    RobertaG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    check out this site, it has tons of great ideas
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/
  • _Jessica_
    _Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Here is one of my fav soups... Got it off of Rachel Rae :

One large box or can oc chicken stock (or make your own by following the recipie on the back of the bullion jar)
    One bag of Tortilini of your favorite kind
    One bag of fresh spinich
    meat of your choice (optional) (we use ground pork)

Cook your meat if you are going to put any in ( we use a pound of ground pork, chicken would be good.)
    Set meat aside

Boil chicken stock
    Dump in package of torilni til it floats.
    dump in spinch and press it down until it is limp
    dump in meat
    add a bit of lemon zest for a little added flavor

YUMO!
  • river88island
    Options
    Thanks for the link RobertaG!! :) I'll take a look now!

Yeah I have a crockpot so think i will have a go at using that tonight and see what i can cook up...

The recipes are great, keep them coming!! thank you everyone!! x
  • vegout2
    vegout2 Posts: 14
    Options
    there are all sorts of fabulous and v easy/ non time consuming soups you can do. My kids love 'fridge soup' which is a way of using up leftover veggies. The easiest basic soup can be made by chopping an onion, a large carrot, and a couple of sticks of celery and frying very gently on a low heat with a very small amount of olive or other vegetable oil until they are just softening and turning translucent. Then add a couple of pints of chicken or vegetable stock (use a concentrate from the supermarket) and load up with loads of veggies and beans. At the moment I'm using loads of corgettes, tomatoes, peppers and aubergine (diced and added with the water) plus a tin of borlotti or cannelini beans, plus fresh herbs and tomato puree to season. Season to taste with salt and pepper, plus a little sugar if your tomatos are too sweet. Add a handful of pasta into the mix and cooking until the veggies are to you likeing and the pasta is cooked means you have an instant Italian classic of minestrone. Change the beans for cooked chicken and add garic or ginger or some thai curry paste and you have something alittle spicier. This can then be portioned up and frozen, ready for defrosting and reheating as needed. Serve with some good grannery bread, wholemeal crackers and fruit or yogurt and one easy packed lunch. Let me know how you get on, but don't be afraid to give cooking a try. For some really easy ideas most of the main supermarkets like sainsbury, tescos and waitrose have really good how to cook sections with video footage of how to do the basics.
  • river88island
    Options
    Vegout2, thank you so much, you just made soup sound so easy to make!!

I cant wait to go home and start cooking all the spare veg!! :)

Thanks alot! xox