Time for a new outlook! Looking for friends

Options
Romer1979
Romer1979 Posts: 28 Member
edited July 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone! After years of my weight bouncing up and down like a roller coaster I've now made the decision to take control of my weight as well as my life. I'm new to mfp and could use some encouragement and guidance. I hope to meet new people on here and be inspired by your story.

Replies

• NicoleBurgoz
    NicoleBurgoz Posts: 43 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Welcome!
    Hope it works out for you!
    In the same boat here, a long road ahead :smile:
  • Romer1979
    Options
    Thank you. It's time to make a fresh start.
  • NicoleBurgoz
    NicoleBurgoz Posts: 43 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yep. Crawled out from my dark hole too, figured one year hibernation and way too many pounds are enough now.
    Hope, once I reach my goal, I can keep it up this time.
  • eauman
    eauman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    All the best, I managed to reach a all time high in the weight department so been back in the game since Monday! Feel free to add me
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Been riding the roller coaster since forever.
    Feel free to add me
  • Romer1979
    Options
    Yep. Crawled out from my dark hole too, figured one year hibernation and way too many pounds are enough now.
    Hope, once I reach my goal, I can keep it up this time.

You can do it and we are all here to help
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me.
  • Romer1979
    Options
    Thank you all for the support and friend requests. I want the weight lost this time around to stay off for good and I feel it is possible with your help.
  • SamanthaLouiseMence
    SamanthaLouiseMence Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Good luck on reaching your goal
    Feel free to add me if you like x
  • Romer1979
    Options
    Thank you.
  • BrowniesMommy
    BrowniesMommy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've only been using mfp for about 3 weeks and it's already helped me lose 6 pounds, I've lost 9 total since I started trying, but mfp has made it so easy to keep track of everything. I hope you are liking it so far. Good luck!
    Feel free to add me.
  • SLB125
    SLB125 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • Romer1979
    Options
    Thank you for the words of encouragement. I went up slightly in weight on my first weigh in but I think that was mainly water weight and hopefully some more muscle. (Fingers crossed). I'm going to increase my workouts and we'll see from there. Friend requests sent.
  • jodieelol
    jodieelol Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it :) i'll send you a request! I just found this area of MFP myself!
  • Romer1979
    Options
    Thanks jodieelol. Friend added. How has everyone been doing on their goals? I've eaten less and worked out more but somehow managed to add 3 lbs this week. I'm hoping is muscle from all the workouts.
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I've also been on a roller coaster since we had kids. Trying to lose some weight again and keep it off for a while this time.
  • LosinginJersey
    LosinginJersey Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I just started on 7/6 and I'm down 10.2# ... I have been eating between 1200-1500 cal a day and it's working. I always had such a hard time with willpower but this time I just said "it's time"!! And I haven't looked back... Everyone is here to help, feel free to reach out
  • Derek_McC
    Derek_McC Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have been here only two weeks and have found the folks very encouraging.
  • Romer1979
    Options
    I wish I found this app and Community sooner. Lost 1.5 lbs since yesterday. :)
  • ashleegolding
    ashleegolding Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good luck on reaching your goals! Feel free to add me, I would love to help motivate each other :smile: