Im Need To Lose A Stone By Mid August

Options
Really need motivation :/

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    What is your starting weight? Height? Are you prepping for an event?
  • sarahSarah877
    sarahSarah877 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    im 5,7ft and 172 pounds
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Or else what?
  • sarahSarah877
    Options
    What do you mean jerome?
  • sarahSarah877
    Options
    I just really want to lose weight
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    How much do you weight now? And are you set up to loose 2 pounds a week? If so, by 4 - 5 weeks presumably you start today, you should at least loose around 10, if you have a lot of weight to loose then you could loose a little more.

Do you have a big planned event?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    A stone in a month is way too aggressive, especially at your size. 4-6 pounds is probably the best you can aim for in that time frame.
  • sarahSarah877
    Options
    Im going on holiday around mid august so i would like to lose about 14-20 pounds by then
  • sarahSarah877
    Options
    i am 12.2st and 5,7ft
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    It is unrealistic to expect to lose 14 pounds in a month. Considering your height and weight, you should probably aim to lose 1 lb per week. Otherwise you will lose more muscle than you want, and not look all that great if you even stick with such an extreme deficit. You won't lose a stone by mid-August, but you will lose it eventually. Good luck!
  • sarahSarah877
    Options
    i am going to workout on a cross trainer 5-6 days a week for 40-60 mins a day then over time increase how long i work out for i have changed my diet and started to drink green tea :)
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    i am going to workout on a cross trainer 5-6 days a week for 40-60 mins a day then over time increase how long i work out for i have changed my diet and started to drink green tea :)

None of that is going to make you lose 14-20 lbs in a month, especially the bolded. You do not have that much to lose, plug your info into MFP aim for .5-1 lb a week weight loss and enjoy your vacation next month.
  • sarahSarah877
    Options
    Yes janjunie i understand that it takes time losing weight but i will hopefully have 7 pounds gone by then i still have the rest of the year to lose 20 pounds but it would be nice to lose it around mid august lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Losing that much weight in a month is a bit aggressive. You're basically going to crash diet to do this and that's not a smart way to do it. It's great to be on holiday, but are you enjoy yourself or try to impress people?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    What do you mean jerome?

The sense I got from your initial post suggested that some bad thing would happen on the ides of August if you didn't lose a stone. It is too late to start and successfully lose 14-20 lb for your vacation. It is never too late to start the journey of health and fitness. The responses to you so far have been correct and you should be willing to let them be helpful. I've got a vacation scheduled next week, but in real life something came up and that might be impossible.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I knew I was going to Hawaii last year, so I prepared all this year. I wasn't surprised at all.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    How much you eat is going to determine how much you lose. Diet is by far the most important factor in weight loss, much more than exercise or green tea or wishful thinking or anything else. If you tell MFP you want to lose 1.5 pounds per week, how many calories does that give you? 1.5 pounds per week is still fairly aggressive, but it could be achievable. Get a food scale and stick with your calorie goal. Eat back 50% of your exercise calories. Plus, keep in mind that starting new exercises typically causes water retention, so you may not see a loss for the first 2-4 weeks due to the new exercise. That's why we don't start radical diet/exercise plans a month before a vacation.
  • bladebiker
    bladebiker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I completely get it, I'm currently in a rush to drop weight, losing a stone by mid August is very possible I've done it in much less time than that a few times but god it takes some discipline.
    For a short term fix it's absolutely fine, but once you've got it off revert to a better plan, are prepared to exercise or are you just doing it through diet?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Quick weight loss will mean you weigh loss, not necessarily that you look better

Look I get it, we all get it, you put off what you know you should do because it's easier not to do something about it. Then it gets close and you panic..kicking yourself that you should have started at Christmas or last year.

So just start now, there will be another holiday next year, this year you could probably lose 5-10 lbs ...but it's not going to impact. Start logging your calories, start moving more, start some form of progressive resistance. When you are on holiday keep it up...I assume you can walk and swim, you can choose healthier foods...but fish and vegetables, drink with caution ..have fun but just keep going

You can look better in a month, but looking better and feeling healthy and confident for the rest of your life is much more rewarding
  • SadDolt
    SadDolt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    it's possible to lose it. maybe you lack motivation because you know it's going to be torture in order to lose it that quickly