5'6" ladies... What is your goal?

Options

Replies

• Sandholme1
    Sandholme1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'6 Started at 153 on 5th April, current weight 141 (thought 140 would be my goal) might try for 135 and see how I feel/look!
  • LaurenRitter205
    LaurenRitter205 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 278 I'm now at 230. My main goal is to get back to 170 which was my pre baby weight back in high school but once I get there I'm sure I'll have another goal.
  • AlisaRN
    AlisaRN Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and am 157lbs and 6 months post partum. I'm trying to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 145, but I'm really happy at 135lbs. I'm just trying to make it to the first goal then will work on getting back to 135lbs.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    SW:250lbs (113kg) CW:220 GW:170 (77kgs)

I guess I have a larger frame and carry a lot of muscle (and boobs that have always been there, even when I was a competitive swimmer) - at my fittest ever, I still weighed around 165 when I was 16.

After years of my teens/early twenties being yelled at by charts and WW and medical people that I should be between 125 and 140, it's nice to finally have a doctor be completely on board with saying 175 is likely a very appropriate weight goal for me. All my bloodwork and labwork and health in general has always been completely healthy even at my top weight, so I do feel thankful for that.

When I do get there, I'll continue evaluating, of course. My goals at that point will completely shift to strength and athleticism (instead of being shared with actual weightloss which is distracting) and new goal decisions will be driven by that.

Wanted to share because I spent years being confused and disheartened because I never saw anyone with higher weight goal like mine. We're all different and we just have to find what is good and right for our own bodies! :smile:

I am very similar to you. I have a large frame... kinda built like a linebacker (thanks, genetics). I weighed 130 in college and looked emaciated, in fact I was indeed anorexic at the time. As I put on weight I was most healthy at around 160-165 pounds. After college my weight went up, and I found myself in the 200s. I started MFP in January at 255 pounds. Currently I'm at 203, and my goal is to get somewhere around 160-170.
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'm currently about 147 lbs (give or take a pound or two) but would love to be at 140. From there, I will reevaluate. If I could be in the 130s, that would be great, but I don't know if it's in the cards for me.
  • SunshaunSmiles
    SunshaunSmiles Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Started at 169, currently 134, goal is 125-128 with recomp in mind.
  • LauraCoth
    LauraCoth Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Very small-boned. Aiming for 118-120
  • Antonia_I
    Antonia_I Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My goal is 150. I'm about a size 4 at that weight which is plenty small enough for me.
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm hoping for 140. Really I'm focusing more on Body fat though so once I get to 140 I'm going to try and gain more muscle. Currently 153. My Original goal was 155 but I'm not happy at it...then I was thinking 150...still thinking that's not where I want to be so I figure if I get to 140 I'll be happy with it. haha
  • kwickey1982
    kwickey1982 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have hovered around 160 most of my married life (13 years). After losing my thyroid to cancer last fall I went up to 183. I'm currently at 171 but I would like to be 135. I'm working hard and I never understood how difficult it can be when you have to rely on medicine to make your body work. I'm trying not to beat myself up about it.
  • kittley
    kittley Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Currently 150 lbs and working towards a goal of 135 pounds. Started at 160.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I started at 259 (September 2015) and am currently at 194, and my goal is 130. I am medium or average sized frame. I figure I may tweak that goal number as I get closer.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Antonia_I wrote: »
    My goal is 150. I'm about a size 4 at that weight which is plenty small enough for me.

Wow. I have never been a size 4. I'm a size 6 at 130 lbs.
  • StarryJD
    StarryJD Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ditto. 5'6" small frame, CW 130ish, goal weight around 125. Also a size 6 but I'm not very muscular. This is all very entertaining.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and currently 170. Started around 205. Ultimate goal is 140 but I'd be happy around 150.
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Currently at 159lbs (72kg), down 82 lbs from 241, moving towards my goal of 145 (65kg).

Our stats are similar. I'm at 157 from 238.6. My goal is also 145 lbs.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I think sizes depend a lot on where you carry your weight and your general frame. While I am medium boned, I have broad shoulders and boobs, so small size tops will never work for me, but then again, I have no *kitten* and hips, so I get away with smaller pants.
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    This is very interesting. I have long limbs and a small frame. I carry my weight in my midsection. At 150-160 I'm a size US 10-12. I wasn't even a size 4 when I was 120.
  • ANHmommy
    ANHmommy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    originally at 208 lbs, want to stay between 140 and 145...i look best there, any lower i look skeleton like, any higher i pudge out...currently 148ish
  • Dreamer_Aly
    Dreamer_Aly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am currently 160lbs. and would like to get down to 125lbs.