An Amazing Journey -Before & After and Still Continuing!!

Options
esls88
esls88 Posts: 1 Member
BEFORE

iguunoej7exu.png

AFTER

zajsga6mya33.jpg

The Journey~~~

My Starting Weight January 1st was 200 lbs with a BMI of 34.3. Hitting that number was my eye opening moment. Then add on that my kids where climbing right up there with me and I felt like I played a big part in that. We were all starting to have health problems and injuries due to the continuing weight gain, not to mention the lowering self-esteem. I knew I first had to "Practice what I wanted to preach" before I could get the kids on-board.

Since we spend most of our day with our co-workers I of course discussed it with my co-workers. I found out that many of them were in similar situations and wanted to try to get healthier also. I had the support of my husband and my co-workers and that was the help I needed to be successful. My co-workers and I started using My Fitness Pal just counting calories and weighing in weekly for accountability. Everyone would pay $1 to the trusted "weight tracker" and who ever had the biggest percentage weight loss would get the Cash. It was inexpensive and a fun positive way to motivate each other.

After following that for a month I added exercise going to CentreTown Fitness trying at first to go at least 3 days a week. I tried all the different things the gym offered (Cycling, Aerobics, Cybex, Ellipticals and Treadmill). I found what works for some doesn't for all. You have to really find what you like that you can enjoy or you won't stick with it. For me Variety is best! I was worried about what others would think of me at the gym and in the various classes, but I soon found out that they were people with the same goals as I, at varying stages of fitness and everyone was very welcoming and friendly.

On February 18th I changed it up with starting Weight Watchers and continued to count calories. It was especially convenient being an at Work Program and continuing to have support from coworkers. Then came March with the announcement of the Wellness Program at work with Cash Incentives and Free CentreTown membership. It was so exciting! Now there truly was no excuse for me. I had all the tools and it was up to me to use them. I felt this was likely the best opportunity I would have to reach my goal of a healthier and happier Me!

In April I added Justin DelaCruz a personal trainer while at CentreTown. He has been an amazing motivator changing things up for me. I found that as long as I stayed on task I lost 1-2 pounds a week. The great thing was once I started having success my daughter started and then most recently my son. They are also counting calories with My Fitness Pal and using CentreTown. The best part of course was the results. I've now lost 45 lbs, down to 155 with a BMI of 26.6 and have lost a total of 20 inches. I've went from a size 16 to 10 in pants and XL to Medium in shirts. My Cholesterol went from 233 to 207, HDL 60 to 71, LDL 158 to 119.

If I had to pick 3 things to attribute my success to they would be Support, Tracking what you eat and Exercise. I feel so much better both physically and mentally. This has been one of the hardest things I've done, but one of the most rewarding. It truly is a lifestyle change. The one thing I had to understand is I am not perfect all the time. There are special occasions and times when I don't follow program completely, but I always track what I eat. The main thing is that I always get back at it. The most important thing is that I am so much healthier and happier now than I was 6 months ago, but more than that my kids are and that makes this Momma's heart feel good!

My hope is that by sharing my story I can help and encourage others to reach for their Healthier & Happier Self!!!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Awesome! And congrats to you and your family!
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Great story! And job well done
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Well done. The male is the pic can lose some more too
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    What a great start! It's funny how things fall into place at the right time!
    What a great mom you are! You and both of your kids look happy and healthier. Keep up the good work and let us know how it's going!
    Thank you for sharing!
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    This is absolutely fantastic, great work!
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    you are setting a great example for your kids! Well done.
  • dreamskinny1
    dreamskinny1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I finally found this! We were right at the same starting point, and you have inspired me to keep going. I'm losing slower than you, but a little weight loss at a time is still a loss!
  • MsLibrarianLCL
    MsLibrarianLCL Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What a great example to set!
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Great achievement and well done on inspiring others.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!