Logging "yard work"

Options
Anyone else try to log yard work? I do a lot of work outside, which is definitely burning calories (not just riding around on the mower) but have no idea how to log it.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Replies

• ktieman
    ktieman Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    There is some under gardening, and mowing grass. I had to search for it; we just redid our whole landscaping which included alot of shoveling rock and moving bricks. I am right there with; that is a workout!!!!!!!!:happy:
  • nelster
    nelster Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I work in my garden hoeing corn and usually log it under "gardening, general" which seems pretty ambiguous, but at least it is counting something. It logs 256 calories in an hour. I think I sometimes work harder than that, but "gardening" could be just about anything. I guess I just try to be honest with myself and determine whether I think I have burned that much or not, by comparing it to a hard work out and how many calories I burn then.
  • SecretlyBatwoman
    SecretlyBatwoman Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    When I dug up new garden beds, I logged it as shoveling snow.
  • jase369
    jase369 Posts: 14
    Options
    ahhhhh...gardening! Didnt think to look there.

I did a ton of landscaping (stonescaping actually) and have shoveled nearly 15 yards of stone in the last month, as well as laid almost 1000 edging blocks.

Thanks for the replies everyone!
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Completely agree with you...it is HARD work and I know I definitely work up a sweat. Sometimes I log it under general gardening, or even raking lawn (if I do a whole lot of raking , shoveling and wheel-barrowing)--wish they had a better way of breaking this out as I am sure shoveling and wheel-barrowing burn a lot more calories then just gardening. I certainly sweat a LOT more when I do these activities as opposed to when I just garden in gereral. O' well--it's a start and at least it is recognized as something on MSP! Good luck and keep burning those calories!