Birthday Gift ideas for a Guy?

Options
melmelw03
melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
I've been dating my guy for about 6 months and have known him over a year. His birthday is next month and I really don't want to get him a lame gift like a shirt or cologne or something. Last year I got him a gift card to Top Golf so he and his buddies could go play and drink.

Any suggestions? He's a chef, so I thought of getting a really good chef's knife I know he doesn't have. But I'm still kind of clueless.
You dudes are hard to buy for!
Help please!

Replies

• melmelw03
    Options
    He gave up alcohol so that's a no go! Haha! Concert would be cool, if I could find anything decent coming to our area.
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Knife sounds like a great idea!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    As a guy, events are better than gear. (yeah, we're difficult to buy for... *shrug.)

The concert idea is cool, even if it's six months away; it's something to look forward to. Or..... Maybe a long weekend away to the mountains or the beach?

Best of luck
  • bigpete44
    bigpete44 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    A nice salmon and spinach dinner capped off with a card and cake and dressed up in a silky smooth lingerie and give him a message better than any gift trust me we are simple creatures.
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Something you do for him would, in my opinion outweigh something you would buy for him
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Men are simple creatures and are generally easy to please. We all like toys of some kind.. What is he into ? Golf Bowling Baseball Football?? Electronic gadgets ?? It's his day pamper him, make him feel like a king, come over make him dinner and give him a BJ. There is not a man alive that doesn't appreciate that.
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I always have to go to Pinterest for inspiration in times like these. Usually find it too! Maybe a couples massage or one just for him? Surely he will love anything you do <3
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Get the knife or something for the kitchen. He'll love it. The knives can be really pricey so decide how much you want to spend. When I was in a relationship (oh man, can't believe I'm talking in the past boo), we kind of felt out how much we were going to spend on each other each year.
  • melmelw03
    Options
    And duh....birthday sex is a given. And not every day sex.. .the awesome kind. :wink:
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    1st does he need anything (food, hygienic supplies & basic apparel're apart of the grocery/necessity list, not gifts; even when they're sold as gifts)?

2nd does he want anything?

3rd what either compliments his interests and/or is a great accessory for something, he already has?
  • melmelw03
    Options
    1st does he need anything (food, hygienic supplies & basic apparel're apart of the grocery/necessity list, not gifts; even when they're sold as gifts)?

3rd what either compliments his interests and/or is a great accessory for something, he already has?

Hey will never tell me if he wants/needs anything. He's one that doesn't like a huge deal made of his birthday.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    knives are hard to buy unless you know a specific one he wants.

I lately book a massage for hubs and that's his gift. Makes him happy he's getting a massage makes me happy he's out of the house!
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    melmelw03 wrote: »

Hey will never tell me if he wants/needs anything. He's one that doesn't like a huge deal made of his birthday.

I was thinking that, you'd already know; what he needs/wants!