Frustration

Options
so i started the gym about 2 weeks ago
i went from 196:indifferent: to 193 :smile:
that same week i started!
well now im still at 193:grumble:
but im fitting into some jeans that i was bust out of last week! :noway:
so i mean...its possible that im lossing inches and not pounds correct?
or budiling muscle which is why i the scale didnt move?

What I Do..

20mins treadmill (5min walk - 10min run- 5min walk)
10mins bike
10mins stairmaster
10mins ellipitcial
4setof10 of weights on my arms on three differnt machines...(differnt parts of the arm to work out)
4sets of 10 of weights on the hip abducter
50 crunchs

Replies

• MissGorgeous
    MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
    Options

What I Do..

10mins bike
    10mins stairmaster
    10mins ellipitcial
    4setof10 of weights on my arms on three differnt machines...(differnt parts of the arm to work out)
    50 crunchs
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    First of all, don't give up! You got off to a great start by losing 3 lbs!

What I would ask is: Is that your routine for every day that you work out? If so, there are a couple of problems. First, your body now knows this routine, so now it's working more efficiently and the workout is becoming less effective. Second, it's not a well balanced routine. You're not hitting all your major muscles if you're only working your arms, hips and abs. You need to work your chest, back, shoulders, quads, glutes and calves, too!

Change up your routine so that you do different activities on different days. Some people like to divide their workouts in half, focusing on the upper body one day and the lower body on another day with cardio days in between. Sure, you can mix and match, but if you do that, always start with your largest muscle groups first before targeting smaller ones to avoid overworking the smaller ones.
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    I'm bumping this one... I see 91 people have viewed it... but no more helpful comments? Come on, guys!!!
  • Dytari
    Dytari Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Change it up! have fun with your work outs! I know if focused on legs everyday I would not be able to walk anywhere. Do some cardio then do sport of some shorts with friends once week, that way your body can use all those muscle you are toning at once with out really straining anything.javascript:add_smiley('smile','post_body')
  • rrmudd
    rrmudd Posts: 12
    Options
    I wish I had some great advice for you but I'm in the same boat as you. I do switch up my rountine and my calorie intake plus drink enough water. Some bodies are just stuborn when it comes to letting extra pounds go. The first 50 pounds that I lost was much easier and the next 30 was a struggle and the last 5 was an all out war. Thats how I look at it now. Every pound I lose is a battle won even if that battle takes two to three weeks. I won't give up and I hope you don'e either. Say good bye to each and every pound you lose for good. CHARGE!:angry:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

What I Do..

10mins bike
    10mins stairmaster
    10mins ellipitcial
    50 crunchs
    Did you take your measurements when you started? For me that far outweighs the scale results! A number is simply a number ..just another marker along the way:wink:

Sure it's very possible to lose inches and stay the same weight for a period of time, that's why the tape measure is our FRIEND:wink::tongue: :laugh:

FC:heart:
  • MissGorgeous
    Options
    i go between 3 and 4 days a week
    i just swicthed up my routine and have done this one for 3 days!
    i drink alot of water
    and eat within my 1200 calories
    but i dont eat my exersice calories cause i just dont:indifferent:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    i go between 3 and 4 days a week
    i just swicthed up my routine and have done this one for 3 days!
    i drink alot of water
    and eat within my 1200 calories
    but i dont eat my exersice calories cause i just dont:indifferent:
    Maybe now that you're at 1200 you might have to add in some more cals ..some of the excercise ones...you don't have to add them all back but perhaps your body is not getting enough nutrients once you take out your excercise cals that would put you under 1200 pretty good:noway: :ohwell:

Just a thought:flowerforyou:

FC:heart:
  • MissGorgeous
    Options
    :smile:

thanks
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    Also, in addition to the great advice above, when liting - work different muscle groups on different days. The muscles need a day off between lifting in order to repair.

When you do your cardio, are you reaching your 70% heartrate and keeping it there? (Between 60% and 70% is recommended for Fat Burning.) You need to monitor your heart rate to know if you are working hard enough. You should be able to talk, but not really want to, and keep your heart rate up for a minimum of 30 min during your workouts to start with, then increase your time. I found one hour of 60-70% three times a week to be perfect for me for fat burning.

Your hard work will pay off. You'll need to tweak things here and there until you get results! Good luck.
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Also, in addition to the great advice above, when liting - work different muscle groups on different days. The muscles need a day off between lifting in order to repair.

When you do your cardio, are you reaching your 70% heartrate and keeping it there? (Between 60% and 70% is recommended for Fat Burning.) You need to monitor your heart rate to know if you are working hard enough. You should be able to talk, but not really want to, and keep your heart rate up for a minimum of 30 min during your workouts to start with, then increase your time. I found one hour of 60-70% three times a week to be perfect for me for fat burning.

Your hard work will pay off. You'll need to tweak things here and there until you get results! Good luck.

Very true... its important to give those arms and other muscles a day to rebuild after being torn down. The personal trainer at my gym said I could do ab work and cardio daily but to switch around the strength training on the other muscles I am working on.