Really need to do this

Options
I have been making excuses for months because am looking for job and living with parents but really how hard is it to make better choices and count calories? And my weight is really getting me down x

Replies

• lilheidi76
    lilheidi76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I find it hard changing old patterns and eating habits, but this time around I'm giving it my all.. Good luck with losing the weight and making good choices:)
  • AngryGangrel
    AngryGangrel Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It's heartbreaking, to be searching for work and not getting hired, no matter how hard you try. It's especially hard having to live with parents, even if you get along. These things can make you feel helpless. But you hit the nail on the head--counting calories and making better choices are totally within your power, and that can help restore a sense of control in your life and give you more confidence. You've made a great first step!
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    You're on the road to success by realizing you're making excuses. What you have to realize is you're worth it and you have to take care of yourself first before anyone or anything else. Looks like you have the right mindset for this to work congrats and good luck on your
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Logging everything you eat on here will help. I opened my diary, and the fear that people could look really helps me stay away from doritos and french onion dip.
    Do your parents have a food scale? Does not have to be digital. Do they have a postage scale? A scale is really the trick to this place. Walmart has them for around $18.
    Make sure you get protein (at least 46g) and fiber (at least 25) every day.
    Stress can cause weight gain (opinion). Walking daily can really help. 20 minutes.