Looking for friends who write what they think

Options
sutibo
sutibo Posts: 71 Member
Hello,
I'm looking for friends who post their thoughts, cares, frustrations, progress, successes.

I've realised that my timeline is full of the automated messages "X lost Y pounds", "Z completed their diary" etc. and while I think that's great and like to celebrate successes I'd like more friends who write what they think and interact with others more.

It's a two way street and I've noticed I've been slacking, so I'm going to write proper updates too as a way of properly investing in this process.

If you'd like to have conversations about weightloss, exercise, frustrations, family, fun then feel free to add me.

Replies

• YAYA_of_2
    YAYA_of_2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to have seen this. I will send a request. I post all the time and had someone comment that it was TMI and let's get back to weight loss and fitness. I think we form a deeper friendship with some of the people here and we talk about a lot of things, after all this is a social website. I don't bite my tongue and do say what's on my mind lol.
  • snehad123
    snehad123 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I would like that! You can add me :)
  • snehad123
    snehad123 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Also, is there a way we can turn off the diary completion posts?! :smiley:
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @snehad123 Go to the home page, hit settings, and then there is diary settings. I think you will find it there.
  • NicoleBurgoz
    NicoleBurgoz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I didn't even see that you can post 'manual' updates, aka your own text.
    Used this app last year and it helped me tremendously.
    Sadly I got sloppy and gained back what I lost (my goal back then was to get rid of Histamine issues, weight loss was a nice side effect).
    It would be nice to do this journey with likeminded folks!
    None of my friends seems to be here, booh :smile:
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Posting my thoughts would probably get me locked away somewhere. I do occasionally post things that happen, and goals, and comments. And I would dare say a good 38.2% of that is actually safe for work!
  • Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I tell it like it is. Add me if you like. I will applaud sometimes and if need kick you in the *kitten*.
    Rick
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to have seen this. I will send a request. I post all the time and had someone comment that it was TMI and let's get back to weight loss and fitness. I think we form a deeper friendship with some of the people here and we talk about a lot of things, after all this is a social website. I don't bite my tongue and do say what's on my mind lol.

Really? I would have told that person to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. /defriend
  • NicoleBurgoz
    NicoleBurgoz Posts: 43 Member
    Options

Really? I would have told that person to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. /defriend

Indeed! :smile:

• lagassne
    lagassne Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! Add me to the speak your mind group. Don't like beating around the bush and need to hear the real comments not smoke blowing.
  • yuko_125
    yuko_125 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    So glad you posted this! I was just thinking lately how bored I was with the automated updates. When I did post my feelings I got little to no response, so I stopped. I would love to have conversations & share feelings & thoughts (good & bad). That's how we can all grow as a person and get through the things we're all going through. Sending you a request shortly. Anyone can add me
  • kevinf2380
    kevinf2380 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    sutibo wrote: »
    Hello,
    I'm looking for friends who post their thoughts, cares, frustrations, progress, successes.

I've realised that my timeline is full of the automated messages "X lost Y pounds", "Z completed their diary" etc. and while I think that's great and like to celebrate successes I'd like more friends who write what they think and interact with others more.

It's a two way street and I've noticed I've been slacking, so I'm going to write proper updates too as a way of properly investing in this process.

If you'd like to have conversations about weightloss, exercise, frustrations, family, fun then feel free to add me.

Finally, someone says it. Half the status updates are just chattery fluff.
  • pattyandthemoos
    pattyandthemoos Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That sounds great. I say what I think but I'm still pretty nice. I've been using mfp for a while but only recently started using the social features. I would love a new friend.
  • hannahsadler_tn
    hannahsadler_tn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm snarky and goal driven. If that intrigues you please friend me. The latest post dealt with having to fast for a blood test at 1 pm. It wasn't pretty lol
  • LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for friends that actually have conversations and not just comments. I know I can't be the only one that wants to talk to someone. I've been on my weight loss journey for a little over a year and a half. I've lost approximately 106 pounds, but have about 160 pounds left to lose. I'm 56 years old and have have some disabilities that make it hard for me to do much in the way of exercise. If anyone is interested in being my friend please feel free to add me. Thanks!
  • YAYA_of_2
    YAYA_of_2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options

Oh trust me I did!!! And deleted.
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    About *kitten* time!!!
    I keep scrolling through the community boards looking for people who are in a group that have regular support and conversations. Haven't found it yet!
    Add me!
  • Willow2528
    Willow2528 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me, there are times when i need someone to be trueful with me, give me a kick up the butt, it would be nice to have conversations and get to know you. xx
  • kwickey1982
    kwickey1982 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love what you've said. I want the same things! Support, honesty, real friends. I think I added you but I'm still pretty new to MFP.