Need some encouragement

Options
I'm a 40 year old mother of 2. I have always struggled with my weight, going through good times and bad. I recently topped out at my highest weight, 250 lbs, AGAIN. I have issues with my back and feet so with the pain have a hard time getting motivated to exercise. I LOVE FOOD, but I'm trying to control portions and eat in moderation.
I would appreciate new friends for mutual encouragement and motivation.

Replies

• lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I have three kids and I'm 36. Please add me if you'd like to.
  • Red5092
    Red5092 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey to a healthier you. It's nice to meet you. Feel free to add me.
  • mapurdy26
    mapurdy26 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 37 and have 2 teenagers. I can relate to you in regards to the pain. I have psoriatic arthritis and most days I just hurt all over which makes it almost impossible to exercise and I love to eat. I eat when I'm happy and I eat when I'm sad...lol. About 3 years ago I lost 70lbs through diet and exercise and I felt great, then I made a career change and over the last 2yrs or so I have gained back the 70 plus an additional 20, so here I am starting over. Feel free to add me, I would add you but I am new to MFP and I don't know how to add friends yet :) .
  • Scharon85
    Scharon85 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi... I Just Sent You A Request....
  • kindredstorm
    kindredstorm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 and just got back up to 250 pounds again. I was crushed when I saw the.scale. I struggle with food too. Feel free to add me. I'll be as much help as I can and always supportive!
  • ValerieandRob
    ValerieandRob Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I am 37 years old and have gone up and down on the scale since I was 5 years old. I have tried everything on the market to lose weight, some things worked, some things were a huge waste of time and money. I am currently following the Profile by Sanford program and struggle so much. It is an awesome plan, affordable and I LOVE my coach Olivia. For some reason I cannot get myself to stick to plan. I am good during the week while I am at work, but then I get home and the plan goes out the window. I need to find the motivation to stay strong and fight the urge to eat off plan. I am happy to help motivate you and hope you will do the same for me. In the words of Olivia, "You got this!!".
  • nordakota
    nordakota Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My sister and bro-in-law have had great success on this plan. I am thinking of trying it as well. Trying to hold out for a discount offer tho!
  • amy1810
    amy1810 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 32 and have 3 boys (10,7 & 4) I have so far lost 55kgs from diet and exercise at home. I absolutely suck at going to gyms or anything that can't be done at home or in my own schedule. Having a family means my routine is always changing and therefore I need flexibility. When I started to learn about mindful eating and working out at home things got so much easier! I went from not being able to walk to the corner without getting puffed to running half marathons!
    I know how hard some days can be and that motivation isnt always there and I also know how hard it is to know what the "right" thing to do can be (I have learnt and am still learning through lots of trial and error!) but I also know how beneficial it is to have a great support network to cheer you on.
    Feel free to add me guys I love connecting with people on all stages of our journeys and supporting each other! xx