Disabled MFP enthusiast looking for friends

Options
JuliWordgirl
JuliWordgirl Posts: 9 Member
edited July 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I have been disabled, or differently abled, for eight-years. I have a pain disease that is focused mainly on my feet, but affects my whole body. In the past two years, I have broken free from the wheelchair to which I was abound for six years. Exercise is hard, but not impossible.

I'm looking for supportive friends. I live a sedentary lifestyle for the most part, expect when I push through the pain to exercise. I do tend to eat very well and use scales and measuring devices to keep me on track. Part of my sluggish weight loss may have to do with the boat loads of medicine I take daily to control the pain. I've gained 60-pounds since 2008, and have only been able to loose 15lbs of it on the past year.

I love the accountability of MFP and rarely miss a day logging in. Please send me a friend request so we can get to know each other and journey together on our quest for a healthier us

Replies

• rabblescum
    rabblescum Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Trying to balance health concerns and weight loss can be a battle. I am working with My mom who is handicap to try to increase her mobility and see her struggle. I have my own less severe health battles I am fighting. I wish you the best of luck on your journey. Feel free to add me.
  • kswan12788
    kswan12788 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in a wheelchair and 1 1/2 pounds away from losing half of the 60 lbs I gained when I quit smoking 13 months ago. It's slow going when you can't exercise much but I try to stay at 1000 calories (I'm only 5'1" and sedentary) and I really try to go over my protein goals, and stay a little under my carb and fat goals. Sugar is the hard one bc i love fruit but it racks up the sugar points. Feel free to add me as I could not figure out for the life of me how to add anyone. Good luck on your journey. :) Kristen
  • silverfoxzw
    silverfoxzw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I need some support. I suffer from chronic Rh, Caudia equine syndrome which has left me numb down the right side and across central core. I also had an abscess on my upper arm and ended up having life sagging surgery and ended up in intensive care for 10 days at which point I lost 5 stone in weight and a wheelchair user.

I cannot see how to add anyone to talk to or support
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options

I cannot see how to add anyone to talk to or support

Click on the person's picture that you want to add, then click on the next picture that shows up. Finally, click the two "shadow" guys (on the app) or click "Add as a Friend" (on the PC) and you can add someone.

I really wish MFP would just add the "Add as a Friend" option on the first picture you click.