Lunch Ideas

Options
kerr2010
kerr2010 Posts: 219 Member
Give me you best lunch ideas that aren't salads.

I have breakfasts figured out and they are balanced and satisfying, but lunches have me stuck and feeling like I won't make it until dinner.

Replies

• rebeccavh
    rebeccavh Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My work week lunches. I typically pre make half sandwhichs. I use a sprouted wheat or whole grain bread. And turkey lunch meat. I put them in sandwhich bags and into a freezer ziplock and into the freezer. Then in the morning before work I just grab it (plus I buy preservative free lunch meat from Costco- I couldn't finish it all fresh before it would go bad so freezing it makes more sense for me). It's thawed out in my lunch bag with freezer packs by lunch.

I usually have a small salad and a piece of fruit with lunch.

Weekends. Today I'm baking chicken breast, curbing up sweet potatoes, and going to sauté zucchini.

Weekday you could double your recipes (or triple) for dinner to have enough to eat for lunch as well.

My hubby likes to make a big batch of ground turkey on Sunday and then eat that with cooked veggies.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    My average lunch is a sandwich. I use sandwich thins/slims, pita bread, or wraps to save calories. Fillings might include any combination of: deli meat, chicken salad, egg salad, tuna, cheese, hummus, condiments, veggies, etc. And then I have baby carrots, string cheese, and an ounce of nuts. Sometimes I might add a hard boiled egg.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Lunches are either a half sandwich with a smallish salad on the side, a larger salad with protein (eggs, cubed meat or cheese), a whole sandwich with veggies either in it or on the side, soup with added veggies (any left overs that fit well with the flavour of soup) or left-overs from the night before. For a mid-afternoon snack, I have the fruit I packed for lunch.

ETA: those are work day lunches. On weekends I tend to "brunch" with fruits, eggs, cooked or cold cereals, sometimes toast with deli meats or cheeses.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I use Lavash as the bread. Then I fill with tuna, or egg salad, or chicken. Roll it up and enjoy.

I also use Lavash as a pizza crust. So good. bpa01y2e3sxq.jpeg