Meal replacement

Options
Has anyone tried Asdas meal replacement ready mad drinks I have bought 7 to replace lunch with to try wondered if anyone had personal experience with them .. Iam having 2 100kl snacks healthy breakfast and 500kl dinner at night rating between 1000-1200 per day and want to loss 1-2lb per week x

Replies

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them but your daily calories sound awfully low- maybe eat a bit more because you may get too hungry with the deprivation and then overeat.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    It's really no different than slimfast. You might lose some weight but as soon as you eat real food again you'll gain weight back. Why not just eat real food?
  • ashleybrownlj
    ashleybrownlj Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's what the app recommended I eat 1200 calories a day as Iam very petite I would imagine 4ft 11 and 8st 5 goal weight 8st I just can't shift the last little bit that sits around the middle after healthy eating and exercise for 6 months starting at 9st 1 .. Trying to shift the last little bit for my holiday in 6 weeks so thought having a shake in place of lunch .. Just wanted to know if anyone see results with doing something the same
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    With only 5lbs to lose, 2lbs a week is way to aggressive. You should set your goal to .5lb a week.
  • ashleybrownlj
    Options
    I've being lossing slowly but surely for 6 months just want the last 5lbs in time for holiday .. Just won't seem to budge I've stayed the same weight for a while now seem to have stopped lossing any that's why I want to try something different
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Liquid meals are usually a part of a fasting regimen. You break the fast with a so called "sensible dinner."

(If I could eat a sensible dinner easily I wouldn't need to lose weight in the first place, so this is not helpful advice, imo, but I digress.)

If you would like to try intermittent fasting to see if it works for you, it would be cheaper to just fast, and then be sure to eat the appropriate amount of calories when you break the fast. I'm talking about short term fasting, not starving yourself, read up in IF if you do not know much about it.

If you would rather not fast, then solid food will probably be more satiating and make it easier to maintain a caloric deficit.
  • darkenergie
    darkenergie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss goal can be achieved with solid food as everyone else suggested. Your desire to lose the fat around your midsection could be achieved with maintaining your current weight and implementing strength training. A proper Lifting regimen at either maintenance or a caloric deficit can help recomp your body to a lower body fat percentage.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I've started drinking whey protein shakes for breakfast sometimes. Consider it instead of meal replacement? Could have less calories than meal replacement, and more protein. And possibly cheaper.
  • nking746
    nking746 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Iv been using Slimfast shakes on and off since end of January. My calories a day are usually between 1250-1400. Lost 3 and a half stone so far. Iv had days/weeks off and not put it all back on like people think will happen. It can be done.
  • ashleybrownlj
    Options
    Thanks for ur advice everyone I done weigh in this morning and I've lost 3lb I've had the shakes for lunch for a week but last weigh in was 4 weeks ago so Iam still unsure if it's the sakes alone than have done the trick as before now I stayed the same weight for 4 weeks i was doing 10k at least 3 times a week mostly power walking cld I have been gaining mussel maybe? .. I have fractured my ankle so exercise has been mostly put on hold I hop it's not just mussel I've lost now