Water mixers/enhancers

Options
healthy491
healthy491 Posts: 384 Member
edited July 2016 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
I would really like to start drinking water but I cant seem to find and water mixers or enhancers that contain no sugar or calories. Any suggestions please?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Get used to drinking pure water. Water tastes great when you're thirsty.
  • healthy491
    healthy491 Posts: 384 Member
    Options

I tried several times and I cant
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I believe most of the Mio brand has no sugar or calories, as well as the Great Value brand. At least the ones in the bottles. I think all of the mix-in powders have calories.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    healthy491 wrote: »

I tried several times and I cant

I think you can, if you drink to fulfill a physical need, instead of just drinking for fun.
  • optfitness
    optfitness Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I use Mio Fit grape sometimes. I enjoy green tea cold with no sugar or sweetener
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I like stur http://www.sturdrinks.com/ It has stevia which I don't have a problem with.

You could also try making your own flavored water. Google infused water recipes and you will find a lot of suggestions.
  • Eleniala
    Eleniala Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the 4C Totally Light Tea2Go Variety Pack (just google it). Zero sugar/calories, and they taste great. I like the convenience of the single packets you just pour right into your water bottle.

Crystal Light is another option. Zero sugar/calories, and they have a ton of different flavors. They have them in liquid form (like Mio), but I definitely prefer the taste of the powder. You can get single packets or you can get the little tubs that make a pitcher. Like someone else mentioned, the Great Value brand at Walmart is basically the same thing, and a bit cheaper.

• scijewel
    scijewel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just add a bit of lemon or lime juice
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I add one lemon, split in half and several cucumber slices to a pitcher of water.
    I left it for one hour at the fridge and it is ready to drink
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I use the Kool aid and the old country iced tea and there both 0 cal
  • kaspatore
    kaspatore Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    true lemon or true lime
  • Redwineandmuscles
    Redwineandmuscles Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Mint and cucumber and strawberries, infused overnight in the fridge. Or basil and oranges, or make up your own.
  • hannahsadler_tn
    hannahsadler_tn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I believe most of the Mio brand has no sugar or calories, as well as the Great Value brand. At least the ones in the bottles. I think all of the mix-in powders have calories.

I second the Mio thing. I love the cherry limeade flavor.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I use ocean spray low sugar cranberry juice mixed into my water bottle, i think it's 10 calories per 250ml, pretty negligble.
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    The Stur or Skinny Girl brands have water enhancers with monk fruit and stevia and taste good.

Fruit infused water is good. I put the core of a pineapple in a jug of water and let it sit overnight and then drink the water. Yummy! You could also use 100% fruit juice. Add a shot glass worth of juice in a large bottle of water and it will have just a hint of flavor for a fraction of the sugar and calories.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

I second the Mio thing. I love the cherry limeade flavor.

I bought my first ever MIO yesterday and have been quite surprised. I typically find that the aftertaste of artificial sweeteners is enough to put me off. I am mixing it half strength which gives just a hint of flavour and aftertaste has been minimal. I may have to try some other flavors.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Buy a water filter pitcher and keep it in the fridge so you always have very cold water. Very cold water tastes way better than me.

Drink sparkling water.
    Drink unsweetened tea.
  • k_nelson_24
    k_nelson_24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Propel instant packets are zero calories and about 65 mg of sodium! I also like mio.
  • Caitlinbc
    Caitlinbc Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I use the brita water pitchers. I sometimes like to add a slice of lemon or lime to my water.
  • k_nelson_24
    k_nelson_24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Lemon in my water helps me also. I know the the struggle lol.