Relationships

Options
kate141987
kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
What's your best thing about being in a relationship?

Do you think it's over rated?
Do you believe in real love, love at first sight or is it all a load of garbage?

Replies

• jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    Options
    No, I don't think it's overrated.
    I also don't believe in love at first sight. Lust, yes, but love is a deep emotional feeling for me.

• Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I believe..
  • kate141987
    Options
    Iv listened to people talking about love at first sight I'm like WOAH they must know something I don't know how can you love someone at first sight?
  • kate141987
    Options
    Bad ones are overrated, good ones are massively underrated.

Truth
  • ejinvt
    ejinvt Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    I do believe in real love but I don't believe in love at first sight.love doesn't come that easy and it doesnt stay that easy either. I think its a choice, you have to choose that person everyday and choose to still love them despite wanting to kill them frequently.
    Sugar_Pill wrote: »
    I did... Before life happened.

Now- I think love really just means that you can tolerate someone- for a long time.

Werd.
  • curvylicious369
    curvylicious369 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    No I don't believe in love at first sight. That's absurd. I actually have never been in love or been loved :-/ I let my shyness rule my life and didn't start dating until really late in life. It's hard for me to trust based on the experiences I've had so far, but I absolutely do believe true love exists. I see it all the time in the elderly patients I take care of who have been married 60-70 years. Dedication seems to be the trick.
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    Sugar_Pill wrote: »
    finny11122 wrote: »
    kate141987 wrote: »
    What's your best thing about being in a relationship?

Do you think it's over rated?
    Do you believe in real love, love at first sight or is it all a load of garbage?

Yes love is real . The more you participate in life , the more people you have the opportunity to really fall in love with . Going through the motions of dating and meeting people are just all practice , and knowledge gained , until you meet a really good one , that just blows your mind on every level .
    You dont open yourself up to the univerese , the universe wont open itself up to you .

I read that in a self help book once. True story.

Very good .
    I always listen to people that have seen and done it all .
    Why learn the hard way and keep failing , when all you have to do is listen and learn from ultra successful people , who have failed . I learn from their mistakes so i dont have to make them .

• Crhan05
    Crhan05 Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    My relationship is complicated. Sometimes I do not feel like it's worth it.
  • runto107
    runto107 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have no problem admitting my mistakes. Like that one time . . . I got married. 9 years hard time yo . . .hard time
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I miss the little things like snuggling on tge couch while I watch him play video games, falling sleep with my head on his chest. Little things.
  • kellkee16
    kellkee16 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I do beleive in love. Not at first site tho! Lol I liked cuddling,binging TV shows together :3
  • curvylicious369
    curvylicious369 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    finny11122 wrote: »
    You dont open yourself up to the univerese , the universe wont open itself up to you .

Agreed. I wish I wasn't so chicken *kitten*.

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    I do believe in real love but I don't believe in love at first sight.love doesn't come that easy and it doesnt stay that easy either. I think its a choice, you have to choose that person everyday and choose to still love them despite wanting to kill them frequently.
    Here's my take on it:

New love is amazing. You meet someone, you're wildly attracted, you can't get enough of each other. The sex starts and it takes off like a rocket. It's "me n' you against the world, Baby!..." This is a trick Mother Nature plays on us, 'cause She only cares about ONE THING: get the genetic code into the next generation!

This phase may last a month, six months, a year or even two or three years. Then one day you wake up and look across the pillow and say to yourself, "Who the fark ARE you??"

THAT is when the real work of loving someone begins. And loving another human being IS work. It takes kindness, compassion, compromise, trust, sacrifice, faith, on and on...

This I think is why the divorce rate is so high and why so many relationships go south. Most people are scared shiftless of what it takes to REALLY love another person.

And yes, I speak from personal experience, and failure(s); married twice, and half a dozen longer-term girlfriends.

And yes, I am in a relationship with a beautiful, loving heart, and it's for keeps.

That's how I see it.

You two just summed up relationships perfectly.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Best thing. Always, always having my best friend with me for anything. Fun, love, sadness, sorrow, frustration, annoyance, he is there for it all. I couldn't get through one single day without my husband (and, I have tried).

I do not think it's over rated, but I can see where others might.

And I absolutely believe in real love - however, I do not believe in love at 1st sight. Sincere, true, lasting love takes a while to build.
  • bunnyboo645
    bunnyboo645 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in a bit of an unusual set up.. I'm married to my husband. Been together 8 years but I also have a Dom who I see once a month too whose also married. Everyone's aware, it's a poly relationship but completely seperate between our own marriages. I love it and wouldn't change it for the world.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Definitely believe in love.
    Love at first sight? When I saw my husband for the first time, I knew something big was going on. We've been inseparable since we met.
    Best thing about being in a relationship - knowing someone loves you, knowing you can count on someone, having a best friend all the time that you can't wait to share things with. Loving someone so deeply that you can't imagine life without them and wanting to be your best self with them.

I don't think it's overrated. I've been married before. Having the right relationship with the right person is hard to do and needs to be cherished or it will be lost.