Whole30

Options
Anyone doing Whole30 with My Fitness Pal? Would like to hear your triumphs and challenges.

Replies

• shaybrackney
    shaybrackney Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started tracking last week and I am shocked at how much I'm actually eating, which is great! I feel so much better. I feel empowered! Went camping last weekend. That was tough. But I didn't cave. So so far so good!
  • Peque1130
    Peque1130 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am on day 9 of Whole30 and I must say...it's not so bad. Over the weekend we had a baby shower for a cousin and I didnt not have a single thing that was not W30 approved!! Not even cake...I love cake!

I know you are not supposed to weigh or measure yourself before the 30 days are up...but I am a rebel and break the rules...so I weighed myself a week into it...down 6lbs and 3/4 in around my waist...

I am liking this!!
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Good for all of you!! W30 can be tough but it's worth the effort. I've done one really good solid one and a few false starts, but its really helped me identify how food affect my body. It changed how food fits into my life, it isn't love or comfort, its fuel =)
  • joycemathison1975
    joycemathison1975 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just ordered the book and will be reading it as soon as it arrives in the mail.
    A coworker just finished her 30 days, and she said she liked it. I'm curious to see what this entails.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Options
    Just ordered the book and will be reading it as soon as it arrives in the mail.
    A coworker just finished her 30 days, and she said she liked it. I'm curious to see what this entails.

There are 2 books, The first one is called "It starts with Food" and then there is the "Whole 30"

**ALL of the information is available online FREE***
  • princessloraki
    princessloraki Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I made it Whole 21...and only lost 3 lbs. And felt dizzy, mental fog. Modifying now: still no sugar, no dairy, but adding in a few more carbs. And started using MFP again. Even adding in minimal carbs (i.e. corn tortilla, steel cut oats), I'm averaging 100-150g carbs per day. I don't think that's excessive. Whole 30 is great..I def learned about my Sugar Monster!
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Options
    21 days is amazing.....but unfortunately corn is a grain (not W30) and oats also grain (not W30)....But good job on 21 days!! If you feel dizzy tired ect..drink more water and eat a sweet potato or some other carb dense food.
    If you can slay your sugar dragon you are half way there!!