Anyone doing PiYo?

Options
nikki_dw
nikki_dw Posts: 126 Member
Is anyone currently doing PiYo? I started the program a few months ago and fell in love with it! However, I did not finish. I could give you the excuse about how I'm a teacher and was really busy, but I really just lacked the commitment ;) I'm trying to take summertime to reset my habits, and I'm getting back into the program.

I searched groups but didn't find any that were active. Comment if you would like an accountability buddy for PiYo!

Replies

• Emijanine
    Emijanine Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    PIYo is amazing! I do it along with Body Beast! Send me a friend request!
  • hludwig980
    hludwig980 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love my PiYO!! add me if you would like.
  • sweetcandi78
    sweetcandi78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today! How has it been for you?
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it, though not the published program-- my primary activity is running. So I'm adding in PiYo two or three days a week as cross-training.
  • jordanamrussell
    jordanamrussell Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I do PiYo once a week, because I go to classes by a beachbody coach who also teaches Insanity and Cize, different days of the week :) PiYo is awesome...looks so easy but it's not, you can tell it works!
  • ontherightpath14
    ontherightpath14 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I just ordered PiYo and am terrified! I need to lose 100 pounds and my 13 year old daughter and I are trying to get healthy once and for all! I was walking early in the mornings but its too hard for her to get up! So we agreed to try PiYo in the evenings together. I'm wondering if anyone has had any success with it. And also being as overweight as I am is this even going to be possible for me to do??
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I definitely could not do PiYo in my own. I only do it because the instructor at my gym is hysterical during the class. She makes the class.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I did it last year (or two years ago. Um). It was pretty fun, but I got bored with it after a while. Ok workout but it really doesn't burn that many calories... good for the core and balance though.
  • PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Whats body beast ? Im liking the sounds of that class.
  • nikki94541
    nikki94541 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I wanted to know about Piyo too. I am doing Cize right now. I wanted to add piyo.
  • Toad03
    Toad03 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What is piyo? Dio you need to be able to do push ups or anything like that?
  • Emijanine
    Options
    I just ordered PiYo and am terrified! I need to lose 100 pounds and my 13 year old daughter and I are trying to get healthy once and for all! I was walking early in the mornings but its too hard for her to get up! So we agreed to try PiYo in the evenings together. I'm wondering if anyone has had any success with it. And also being as overweight as I am is this even going to be possible for me to do??

PIYo will be perfect for you. You can start with the modifier. I do it along with Body Beast. I love PIYo as it is low impact but still very effective.
  • Emijanine
    Options
    Runngurl43 wrote: »

Body beast is the strength training program I am doing. I
  • Emijanine
    Options
    Toad03 wrote: »
    What is piyo? Dio you need to be able to do push ups or anything like that?

PIYo is like a yoga Pilates fusion with constant movement. It is low impact. You just use your body weight to sculpt your body. There are some push-ups, but there is a modifier so she makes it much easier!
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm received my DVDs today. If you all are active let me know!
  • tycodmom
    tycodmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    nikki_dw wrote: »
    Is anyone currently doing PiYo? I started the program a few months ago and fell in love with it! However, I did not finish. I could give you the excuse about how I'm a teacher and was really busy, but I really just lacked the commitment ;) I'm trying to take summertime to reset my habits, and I'm getting back into the program.

I searched groups but didn't find any that were active. Comment if you would like an accountability buddy for PiYo!

I would suggest looking at youtube under plus size piyo modification there are a few ladies o their with tips for beginners who can't do all the moves at the start.
  • aliciapastorlecha
    aliciapastorlecha Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Runngurl43 wrote: »
    Body Beast is a body building program by Sagi Kalev. You work different muscle parts every day, for example back and bis, chest and tris, legs, shoulders, there is a cardio day too.
    If you like weights, this is a great program.
  • wdnsnw
    wdnsnw Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just did day 2 today, I think I'm going to like it! I'm doing LCHF diet and wanted something to town.
  • Muppyooh
    Muppyooh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I just started PIYO! I find it hard to keep up even with the modifications. Add me!
  • jayned9
    jayned9 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I liked the nutrition plan more than the videos, but it's a good start!