PCOS and sugar cravings!!!

Options
Hey all you pcos gals! I have a question for u. I am having trouble consistently sticking with healthy eating. I usually start off the week going strong but after 3 or 4 days the sugar cravings attack and I try to fight them off but they are soooooo intense. Sometimes I feel like a drug addict who will do anything to get my sugar fix. Do any of you have some good tips that can help me?

Replies

• michelle2808
    Options
    Bump....I need help in this area too. Last week I posted I was going to rehab for my sugar addiction, it's hard! :(
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS...and intense sugar cravings. I'm on Metformin to help regulate my sugar but I refuse to say no to my special dark chocolate. I have a piece or 2 a few times a week or more. And eat tons of fruit. The fruit in itself keeps me from wanting the other sugary junk. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Best of luck :)
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    If you aren't already taking Metformin and have IR, I recommend taking Cinnamon. I had bad sugar cravings whenever I tried eating healthier, but after taking Cinnamon for a few days all of my urges to snack were gone. I never have cravings anymore. :)
  • cindyjkunz
    Options
    Make sure you suppliment with potassium/magnesium. Sugar really crashes those p/m levels. It helps me to stablize and stay on the healthy food side.
    :smile:
  • sunnygirl73
    Options
    That was helpful. Thank you!
  • sunnygirl73
    Options
    Thanx! I do take metformin. I wonder if I can take cinnamon along with that? I will look into it. :)
  • sunnygirl73
    Options
    Do you take a separate suppliment for the magnesium and potassium or is what I get in the multi vit enough? I will ask my doctor about that. Thanx.
  • MissFitRose
    Options
    @Frappuzzino.. What do you mean take cinnamon? Is there a liquid or are you just mixing cinnamon into food? Please clarify!