Turkey burgers!

Options
st476
st476 Posts: 357 Member
How do you make them? What do you put on them? This is my first time making them so I'm just curious how other people do it :) I read that you're supposed to mix an egg with ground turkey so that it doesn't fall apart. Is that necessary?

Replies

• JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I use turkey meat and whatever spices I feel like on that occasion. I've made peri peri, chilli garlic and salt, the list goes on, my flatmate occasionally uses BBQ seasoning.
    I've never used an egg as a binder, first time I've came across that actually. Generally I'll just bind with my hands and compact as much as possible, on occasion I've used flour but have found it's not always necessary.
  • Conskill
    Conskill Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love Butterball and Jenny-O turkey burgers! I usually cook them up on a skillet with pan spray and throw them in a whole wheat bun. All the fixing's just like a regular burger. The spices vary. I love BBQ seasoning, Steakhouse Onion Burger seasoning and Roasted Garlic and Bell Pepper seasoning.
  • ivywiley
    ivywiley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Buuterball! Fry In a pan with olive oil and some fresh red onion! It's so good.
  • simplegypsy
    simplegypsy Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Thank you, I will be using this recipe with my loads of zucchini.
  • Zipp237
    Zipp237 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Egg works for me. I grind, then add coriander, mustard (a lot of mustard) and sesame seeds. I usually have some garlic and onion, too. It's not a popular combination, but I like it. I treat my burgers like meatloaf and will add whatever odds and ends I think might be good.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I have never used egg to hold mind together and they come out perfectly.
    I use McCormick's Montreal steak seasoning + Worcestershire sauce and garlic. We grill ours on the bbq. They're so good I don't even use cheese on them anymore.
  • beckys725
    beckys725 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I mix Onion Mushroom soup mix (one packet), a small amount of ranch, a small amount of bread crumbs and an egg. I've made them for multiple people that have come for dinner and each has asked for my recipe ☺️
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have never used egg to hold mind together and they come out perfectly.
    I use McCormick's Montreal steak seasoning + Worcestershire sauce and garlic. We grill ours on the bbq. They're so good I don't even use cheese on them anymore.

mmmn montreal steak season is bomb
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    I use mccormick steakhouse onion seasoning on them. I buy the butterball frozen ones with like 180cal too.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I get premade frozen turkey burgers from Costco. They're pretty tasty but do better with some seasoning. The macros are so good that I can afford to use a decent sauce or melt some cheese on them.

I love the kirkland turkey burgers!! 200 calories - 35 grams protein and tasty!
  • baLancedLif3
    baLancedLif3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    For a change Lipton's Beefy Onion Soup Mix.
  • nina4w
    nina4w Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I just had turkey burgers tonight! .... I bought them already in patty shape but not cooked. o_o
  • pattyandthemoos
    pattyandthemoos Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I don't use anything to bind either. I make these alot. Usually open-faced. My favorite seasoning is chipolte seasoning but I just throw in whatever. I'm obsessed with eating these with an egg on top. I usually top it with hot sauce or salsa. I eat this all the time but I have strange taste in food.
  • fitgoals23
    fitgoals23 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I recommend reading this website for the basics: https://www.jennieo.com/cooking-with-turkey/18-how-to-make-a-juicy-turkey-burger

I recommend incorporating very finely chopped onions, parsley, and an egg (or equivalent of Egg Beaters), and salt & pepper. Don't forget to season!
  • Caitlinbc
    Caitlinbc Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I usually get ground turkey and use McCormick Grill Mates Steakhouse Onion Burger Seasoning.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

I just made these and found them rather bland, but juicy ..will need to,tweak recipe I think
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    You can mix an egg w it but it's not necessary.
    I usually do;
    Turkey meat
    Chopped onion
    Salt
    Pepper
    Garlic powder
    Dash of soy sauce
    2 tablespoons of ketchup
    Mix
    Roll into balls, then flatten a bit
    Fry with spray oil or bake in oven on baking sheet
    Eat w lettuce, pickles, mustard, fat free mayo and BBQ sauce
    Grilled onions if u like
    Omg I want one now!
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I like spinach and feta turkey burgers!
    Usually add an egg, seasoning (salt/pepper/chilli flakes), and some onion. Measurements of that is kind of down to personal preference!
    Then wilt the spinach in a pan, mix in with the turkey mince and add the feta. Grill until cooked :)