Fruit and vegetable fast

Options
fhgtyb
fhgtyb Posts: 2 Member
Hi! I'm Amanda. Over the past 10 years I've packed on 33 pounds. I weigh 133 right now (yes, that's overweight for my height) and would like to be 110. Due to an instance amount of binging and general *kitten* eating, I'm feeling like the only way I can do this is a fast to reset myself mentally and help my body get ride of these fatty food cravings. Here are the rules: eat 1,200 calories of fruit and veg everyday. Nothing else. No salt, oils, preservatives, additives, etc. drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday. Work out (lightly) for at least 30 minutes a day. I plan to do this for 7 days (the 17th to the 24th). Add me if you'd like to join!!

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    This diet plan is totally unnecessary for weight loss. Fad diets and gimmicks usually backfire and the person usually regains any weight lost because they never learned the tools needed for long term success.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    An (almost) protein and perhaps fat free diet for 7 days? No thanks, I don't think you will have any takers.

Protein is critical for muscles.....your heart is a muscle....your blood cells require protein. Dietary fat helps you absorb vitamins, it regulates your hormones......and other vital functions.

Consider lentils, chick peas and beans for protein (add them to a salad). Nuts & avocado, or olive oil for fat....again great for giving a salad staying power.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Don't do this! Just eat in a slight deficit everyday and you will succeed. You need to learn how to eat for the rest of your life.
  • thatdesertgirl777
    thatdesertgirl777 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I just did something similar to this for spiritual reasons. My protein levels got extremely low which stressed my adrenals and zapped my energy to zero. I also made my calcium levels plummet which caused a disorder that made my hands, feet, and lip numb.

I recommend you just use the site properly and lose weight by creating a healthy caloric deficit. Save yourself the trouble. Crash dieting (which is what you're doing) will just cause you to binge or overeat and start the cycle all over again.
  • fhgtyb
    fhgtyb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Eating 1200 calories is not crash dieting. Lots of people are vegans. It's only a week... Y'all are nuts are think you know so much about nutrition
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    fhgtyb wrote: »
    Eating 1200 calories is not crash dieting. Lots of people are vegans. It's only a week... Y'all are nuts are think you know so much about nutrition

We are huh? Go for it!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Overly restrictive diets often lead to binge eating, so if you have a history of binge eating this plan may not be a good idea. I hope that it does work out for you. I highly suggest making sure you add some fats because they're important for hormones and metabolic processes.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

Vegans don't just eat fruits and vegetables. They need protein and fat just like everyone else. Maybe you should do more research.
  • alash52
    alash52 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree with queenliz99. Go for it, just don't expect anyone else to join you.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options

So you think that vegans only eat fruits and vegetables? You think vegans avoid seeds, nuts, legumes, and grains? You're calling us the ones with lack of knowledge?