In need of serious, aggressive motivation and direction PLZ!

Options
2»

Replies

• abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    The turtle wins the race.

Eat well and exercise.

Be patient!

Make it a lifestyle change and you'll see awesome results =)
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Also, doing p90X 6x a week and only eating 1300 calories could be the problem. You might not be eating enough.

Ditto...are you eating back your exercise calories? It's a favorite topic here, and many of us (like me!) saw the weight only start to come off when we ate MORE. Before this, I was eating 800-1200 calories and exercising 2-6 hours per day and not losing anything.
  • Angizzle76
    Angizzle76 Posts: 15
    Options
    Also, doing p90X 6x a week and only eating 1300 calories could be the problem. You might not be eating enough.

You may be right... I was so worn out for the REST of DAY after I worked out! I was going on 1300 cals. a day... When I did the P90X calculations the calories they suggest was outrageous. lol Mentally, physically I don't know if I could eat that many calories... :)
  • Angizzle76
    Options

Ditto...are you eating back your exercise calories? It's a favorite topic here, and many of us (like me!) saw the weight only start to come off when we ate MORE. Before this, I was eating 800-1200 calories and exercising 2-6 hours per day and not losing anything.

Hmmmm.... "weight come off when you ate more" ???? Tell me about that please? How does that work? lol :)
  • Angizzle76
    Options
    Do a search here for " the human diet" Thats all you need :)

Thanks! I'll look into it :)
  • Angizzle76
    Options

You may be right... I was so worn out for the REST of DAY after I worked out! I was going on 1300 cals. a day... When I did the P90X calculations the calories they suggest was outrageous. lol Mentally, physically I don't know if I could eat that many calories... :)
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options

Hmmmm.... "weight come off when you ate more" ???? Tell me about that please? How does that work? lol :)

I know! I was really shocked too. My husband was on MFP and telling me about all of these "eat back your burn" comments he'd been seeing. I'd been working crazy hard for MONTHS (working out 2-6 hours per day, eating 800-1200 calories, like I mentioned) and literally did not drop a pound. (Or, more accurately, the four pound range I fluctuate between did not ever get any lower.) I'm a professional dancer, and renewing my contract depends on my weight, so I was pretty frantic and extraordinarily frustrated. I figured, "what do I have to lose?", joined MFP, and started eating more (so that I hit 1450 NET calories each day, meaning if I burnt off 500 calories I'd eat 500 more) and I have been consistently losing 1.5 pounds per week since then!

I literally could not believe that eating MORE finally got me to weigh less!

It's not too hard to add calories with nuts, olive oil, avacado, cheese...I even do grains as long as they have lots of fiber! (Or occasionally ice cream!)

Good luck! I hope this helps!